News: New Skill System, Auto-path, UI Updates

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• News: New Skill System, Auto-path, UI Updates

Here's a quick video on everything I was able to find on the updates that came with Bless JP CBT1. I didn't get to play that beta, but I scoured as much info. as I could.

I'm curious what you guys think of them, especially this new auto-path function.

Good or bad?
      KR server: 가이우스

• I like what they did in the skill system, the only thing I like in revelation ja. Autopath totally no necessary because the map is very understandable. I heard they improve a little bit the action combat also, but don't know for sure.
      Also I'm starting to fell disapointed with this game cause what I see is that the developers only made some really easy changes and nothing more, so I don't know what were they doing in all this time so probably is still a long run to NA version or a short run with a bad one.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sarcastic ().

• In my opinion, the auto-path function is shit. Like you mentioned in your commentary.
      For me it's not clear, what benefits it should bring with.

The system with the skillpoints is good. Everyone has to think more about how to skill the character.

Interface also is a small but good improvement. ;)
    • auto-pathing is a bit of a time Waste in my view (other features could have been improved in the meantime) nur well it doesnt matter.

Also about the fact that it kills imersion and what not - for me it's a simple free kill. Anyone who goes afk in pvp areas should face the consequences of doing so.

The skill System can be a step in the right direction but Ill have to test it myself to make an apropiate judgement for myself. Also I really understand why aeria takes its time. I mean I guess they got much out of the ru Version and will probably see how the jp Version comes along. Smart move
    • OMG
      <-- is a Nocht fanboy
      Thank you for the shout-out! <3 xD

I too am bothered about the auto-pathing. In social MMORPGs (which tend to be Chinese), auto-pathing happens a lot and doesn't bother me too much. But in a PvP game with a seamless open world that is teeming with lore, it's a huge NO. It kills the immersion and makes players lazy and unengaged.

As for the skill system changes, it appears to be an improvement. Of course we will have to test it out ourselves to be sure. Adding depth and greater customization ability is always a good thing, but it can potentially hurt if it gets too complicated.
      Revelation's skill system was wayyy too much for me and left me feeling stressed and overwhelmed.
      Blade & Soul recently simplified their skill system, making it more straightforward while still offering an equivalent level of customization.
      So it really all depends on how it's done.
    • I'm not anti-auto pathing ... but it's not my favorite thing. Unless I'm busy chatting in guild and turning in a quest or something. I mean, I do have my lazy moments.

The skill system, though. It's a meh, from me. I prefer the idea of buying the books -- it's a good gold-sink for the game and it gives more freedom, I think, than having to min-max your skill points. With gold you could buy every skill, with points you're more limited.

But, like I know. Eventually I'll get around to trying the Korean version since I'm not sure if it's coming to NA this year. And now with the mobile app ... still, thank you for the video, Nocht.
    • Auto pathing isn't needed in Bless. in my opinion, the only game that really needed auto pathing was BDO lol. (That game had no teleports or fly teleports. so theres a good reason to have auto pathing)

but games that have teleports, don't need it.
    • I'd also prefer not to have the autopath but I don't think that having it is gonna kill the open world pvp. Its gonna be easy to kill players doing autopath so when they die they'll have to pay more attention next time. I think that is more important that enough players play the game so there'll be enough people killing autopathers and doing open pvp :D
    • I sincerely hope that the eagerly awaited changes for the NA/EU/RU versions are not what we can actually see in the japanese one because that would be a very bad joke and probably enough to keep me away for good.
    • Momoruk wrote:

I sincerely hope that the eagerly awaited changes for the NA/EU/RU versions are not what we can actually see in the japanese one because that would be a very bad joke and probably enough to keep me away for good.
      nah they said west is getting exclusive content and combat changes. So we will see what it is.
    • Korealer wrote:

Momoruk wrote:

I sincerely hope that the eagerly awaited changes for the NA/EU/RU versions are not what we can actually see in the japanese one because that would be a very bad joke and probably enough to keep me away for good.
      nah they said west is getting exclusive content and combat changes. So we will see what it is.
      Hopefully nothing worse of what we had in RU Beta ... <nervous>
    • snky1987 wrote:

Korealer wrote:

Momoruk wrote:

Hopefully nothing worse of what we had in RU Beta ... <nervous>
      RU was nothing. They didn't do any changes. There's a reason why they shut it down to re-open in the future.
    Peria Chronicles