PVE, General Gameplay, Etc.

PVE, General Gameplay, Etc.

Updates:

January 19, 2013: Added character panel, raid, and mount info.
      January 12, 2013: Added known armor/weapon slots.

****************************************************************************************
      Here's what's been confirmed thus far:

1. Dragon mounts, horse mounts.

2. Blood/gore on screen.

3. Each race has its own unique personal story and unique starting area.

4. There are two factions: Union and Heiron.

5. Decisions you make as a character (e.g. kill or save a specific NPC) will affect you later in the game (e.g. you'll see that NPC's tombstone or that NPC will talk with you later). Actions have consequences.

6. One of the ways to do this is through compelling story-based missions. Players that have reached max level will be knighted and given an option to undertake “Royal Quests.” Those that have reached this level of accomplishment will have an entirely new game experience in areas that you’ve previously explored. These Royal Quests entail skirmishes against high-level adversaries, helping low-level players overcome the same difficulties that once hindered you, becoming the pivotal force in a battle crucial to the outcome of a massive war, or being appointed with a mission that has a significant impact on the politics of your state.

7. "Phasing" will be used. As you quest, environmental options will change based on choices you make.

8. Quest areas clearly marked on map with large green circles.

9. Combat will be "action combat" like TERA.

10. Shops open, shops close.

11. Day/night cycles, shadows change length based on time of day, etc.

12. Very quick HP regen out of combat.

13. No invisible walls, fully explorable game.

14. Resources appear to be red/orange "rage", green "energy", and blue "mana".

15. Raids will be for up to 40 players!

16. Character panel shows 11 gear slots (head, shoulders, chest, hands, legs, belt, boots, necklace, ring, main hand weapon, off hand weapon/shield).

17. Mounts will have attacks available in combat (specifically RVR was mentioned).

18. Additional ground mounts were mentioned: horses are fast across land, turtles are fast across water, camels are slow in the desert but go far, and even elephants were mentioned as a mount type.

Here's what else we've seen, but hasn't exactly been "confirmed":

1. Leaping off a mount to attack. (Unconfirmed)

2. Arrows flying into terrain. (Unconfirmed)

3. Impaling and subsequent tossing of the mage off the tower. (Unconfirmed)

4. 5-man parties. (Unconfirmed)

5. Mounted (horse or dragon) combat. (Unconfirmed)

Post was edited 5 times, last by “Organic” ().

TERA definitely has some faster-paced combat options (Warrior, for instance). In the gameplay footage available thus far, here's the current "answer" from our FAQ:

1. How will the combat system work? Is it tab targeting or free targeting like in TERA?

Apparently the current G-Star 2012 system involves primarily using tab targeting, however several skills shown are AOE or directional AOE. It has been stated the combat system will be receiving a major overhaul and be primary an "action combat" system where aiming and direction are important.
      This part makes me happy like big time. Ever since playing TERA its been hard for me to adjust back to games that are primarily tab target. At one point I had been told it would be a hybrid between B&S and TERA. But if they are going to lean more too the Action Combat of TERA that's great.

The fact that it seems and what they have also pushed is the freedom of flight. So being able to control where you go (hopefully if they stick too it) Will be wonderful. That was one thing that broke the beautiful world of TERA was the invisible walls. And the auto-path ed flights. Some of us rather enjoy exploring when not doing much even if that means seeing if A) we can swim from one continent to the next :P .

Also for one I loved the fact that your quests will determain the envelopment around you. Your choices you make, if you let someone die their gravestone will be there or if you let them live they will be seen carrying on into story line or what not. Along with a beautiful world I hope for a strong storytelling to carry us through the game-play. I prefer to get lost not only in the leveling but knowing why I'm in a certain place story-wise. Not just because you have to come here to kill x amount of monsters with no real reason.

Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
      truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn- Nethack
      :love:

Ashai wrote:

This part makes me happy like big time. Ever since playing TERA its been hard for me to adjust back to games that are primarily tab target. At one point I had been told it would be a hybrid between B&S and TERA. But if they are going to lean more too the Action Combat of TERA that's great.

[...]Some of us rather enjoy exploring when not doing much even if that means seeing if A) we can swim from one continent to the next :P .
      One of the reviewers said he was told they started with the TERA combat system, but Jacob wasn't happy about how it was working and they started combat mechanics from scratch. I'm REALLY happy about that. It sounds like they're willing to really consider what's best for the game instead of sticking with what they have because of deadlines or external pressures. Even the basic system they have now is a hybrid - some of the AOEs are cones and directional despite the tab targeting.

It looks like we only get one continent to explore thus far. I didn't see any islands at all on the world map. BUT, I guess that leaves lots of room for expansions?

Organic wrote:

One of the reviewers said he was told they started with the TERA combat system, but Jacob wasn't happy about how it was working and they started combat mechanics from scratch. I'm REALLY happy about that. It sounds like they're willing to really consider what's best for the game instead of sticking with what they have because of deadlines or external pressures. Even the basic system they have now is a hybrid - some of the AOEs are cones and directional despite the tab targeting.

It looks like we only get one continent to explore thus far. I didn't see any islands at all on the world map. BUT, I guess that leaves lots of room for expansions?
      Well whatever they do come up with I hope it is still close too such. Because I did really enjoy the combat set up of TERA mainly so as a Priest player. It made it so nice not to feel like I was not static and falling asleep in the process. So as long as its something that does not put me back in that state then I'm more then happy.

And of course! expansions..and more lands.. we used to have events doing swim races in games that allowed you and in some parts for TERA. Foot races where just as fun and entertaining. So I hope that will be true...

Ashai wrote:

Organic wrote:

Well whatever they do come up with I hope it is still close too such. Because I did really enjoy the combat set up of TERA mainly so as a Priest player. It made it so nice not to feel like I was not static and falling asleep in the process. So as long as its something that does not put me back in that state then I'm more then happy.

And of course! expansions..and more lands.. we used to have events doing swim races in games that allowed you and in some parts for TERA. Foot races where just as fun and entertaining. So I hope that will be true...
      Doh! Just looked at the map again. Apparently I was blind the first time. :) Yes, it's one continent. However, the Aqua Elf capitol is on a large island and I see like 15 other islands. So maybe there is swimming all the way out to them? They all seem pretty close to the mainland. There are also several large rivers. Looking at the map closer, there are six things that seem like they could be significant.

So...a guessing game.

#1 = Looks like the "continent" we have now is more like South America and is connected to another body of land?

#2-4 = Hmmm. Looks like additional capitol cities. Wonder if those are where the raids take place? Maybe those will be additional capitols for races we'll get to play later on?

#5 = Large swampy/mountain area with a castle? Not sure what's directly to the right of the 5.

#6 = Volcano!? I want to fight a 100-feet tall lava boss, please.

Post was edited 1 time, last by “Organic” ().

So...a guessing game.

Organic wrote:

#1 = Looks like the "continent" we have now is more like South America and is connected to another body of land?

#2-4 = Hmmm. Looks like additional capitol cities. Wonder if those are where the raids take place? Maybe those will be additional capitols for races we'll get to play later on?

#5 = Large swampy/mountain area with a castle? Not sure what's directly to the right of the 5.

#6 = Volcano!? I want to fight a 100-feet tall lava boss, please.

Oh Oh Oh! I like guessing games I do I do I do lol ~

#1 yes I'd assume this the whole, misted area of what could bridge out too another future expansion, or area... because we all know thats where developers/creators do this because they are unsure at the moment..or maybe they DO know :p

#2-4 Yes looks like capitals too me..just by the design of the cities on the map. Unless they do city raids that would make sense in a way. However -- I think if they had castles/seige areas that are around or near the city as points those could be taken. City siege would be hefty...mainly if its gvgvgvg (which I don't know would sound epic..did this back in RO..and that was one big cluster fark.) Kinda would be more fun to have them in different areas/climents/ect.

#5 - I think either its really big swamp area or just a green like area and alot of rocks. Hmm crocodile...maybe some epic dragon/lizard thing out there..bigger the better..

#6 - Anyone want to call for a bad ass dragon/boss thing that makes its rounds around the land , at different times and goes munch munch? Would be a epic open field mass raid kind of thing, with some nice loots that would go around fairly......

And since they are doing flying mounts and such..It would be cool to have some epic in the sky open world dungeons, kinda like how Tera had the lvl 54 Sky Gardens (but more complex). Or a Sky Castle..up for battles..

And I heard about housing..yes please...been waiting for a game to do that right ..and good guild housing..
      All of the confirmed and unconfirmed news above is good news!!! I'm happy that they started with Tera-like combat, but am glad that they didn't stay with it as a whole, but they are attempting to make it better!

1? - One thing not mentioned in the details above is if characters can train in skills that are not directly related to their character class?

2 - Another question? or if they can carry multiple types of weapons so they can attack from far with a bow, sling, knives (thrown), javelins, spears, crossbows, guns, and when the enemy gets closer your character can switch to melee weapons such as sword&shield, hammer/axe, mace&shield, two daggers, spear/halberd/poleaxe, to finish the enemy off?

Thanks for any feedback :)
      13. No invisible walls, fully explorable game.

This, this is all I could ever want from a game environment; yet so few have given me an MMO that has been able to satisfy my insane bouts of wanderlust. Mounts that mean something is also a great big plus. I do wonder about the combat though... I hope it doesn't become some pseudo fusion trash of the two styles, action and target based like GW2. That was bloody terrible. I would very much like to see it stick closer to TERA's battle schematics.
      THis Post is not really up2date.
      There are to types of combat system in Bless. The Ranger for example uses the tabbing system, the Berserker the action combat system. That depend on the class you are playing.

Furia wrote:

There are to types of combat system in Bless. The Ranger for example uses the tabbing system, the Berserker the action combat system. That depend on the class you are playing.

So, you basically say, that if a ranger shoots at me, I have no chance of evading? He/she will always hit me? This is how combat works in L2, it sux... :(

MerlinBG wrote:

Furia wrote:

So, you basically say, that if a ranger shoots at me, I have no chance of evading? He/she will always hit me? This is how combat works in L2, it sux... :(

For the most part that's how it is, unless you dodge and evade it. And, if you're trying to run away from a monster, it seems like they'll still hit you even if you're 15m away. @.@ I hope many players provided feedback about this and they are going to change it.