Realm Points Need Clarity.

• Realm Points Need Clarity.

Hey guys, so I understand 90% of realm points, the only thing I'm not clear on is how do they work on a person to person basis?

In another words, your in a guild that has a territory, does the GM get the realm points then give them out to members? Or does everyone get some realm points for the action the guild has done (Owning the territory, Winning the GvG ect)? Or is it a combo of both.

I have been told that in Capital siege, the awarded Realm Points, can be transferred to other guilds, Is this because they can be transferred to other players by the GM?

TY in advance guys.

EMBRACE THE KOOLAID!
    • the guild get's the realm points when you own a territory or capital city. Your members do not personally get them. Everyone can see the realm points when you press H for the guild menu to show up. And on there, it will say Governance points (realm points) with a crown icon next to it.

The guild leader does not distribute the realm points to his own members, but actually gifts the weapons/armor/runes to the member of your choosing. When you talk to the guild npc for the realm point shop, it will have an option to "gift" any item to one of your members. Thats how you distribute them.

To distribute realm points to other guilds, you mail it to the guild name. In the mail window, theres an option for it.
    • Korealer wrote:

the guild get's the realm points when you own a territory or capital city. Your members do not personally get them. Everyone can see the realm points when you press H for the guild menu to show up. And on there, it will say Governance points (realm points) with a crown icon next to it.

The guild leader does not distribute the realm points to his own members, but actually gifts the weapons/armor/runes to the member of your choosing. When you talk to the guild npc for the realm point shop, it will have an option to "gift" any item to one of your members. Thats how you distribute them.

To distribute realm points to other guilds, you mail it to the guild name. In the mail window, theres an option for it.
      Ty, very much. That was what I was feeling was going on, I have seen the merchant and the "Guild Gift" system. I figured that was how it would work, but thank for the clarification :).

Not sure how the community is going to feel about that system. And am wondering if it will change before NA launch now.

EMBRACE THE KOOLAID!
    • The system is honestly fine. It's all about being strict on the rules in the guild with activity/participation to earn those pvp gear/runes, or whatever system you come up with for your members on distribution.
    • Korealer wrote:

The system is honestly fine. It's all about being strict on the rules in the guild with activity/participation to earn those pvp gear/runes, or whatever system you come up with for your members on distribution.
      That wasn't really what I meant. The DKP aspect and giving stuff to guildies is fine in essence.

The Problem I see people having with it is the P2W aspect. So lets look at this from another perspective.

So we will use me in the first person in this example, but I am someone else, my name is Farmer Joe. Farmer Joe is a gold seller, He plays games to make $$$ money from gold, he is not a large business just a small timer that does this on the side for money.

So Farmer Joe, hits up Farmer Jane, and Farmer Zane, who hit up all there Farmer buddys. Before you know it, NA launch is here. And the Farmers have branched out with a large group of 500 farmers.

The farmers see an Opportunity. They say, hey lets make a guild, and try to get territories. We can share accounts, and make sure there is a farmer on every toon, at all times, farming gold and points.

Now Farmers Guild has tons and tons of Castro (Influence) points coming in, In there guild. They use these points, to buy territory's lots of them, they then are getting a steady supply of realm points.

Now the Farmers have another opportunity, they can sell these realm points to people in the game that are not in guilds that can get them. So now they fire up player auctions, and sell realm points. How you say? Easily they sell the items, or sell the points to guilds. So now GMs can buy Realm Points, Players can join their guild and get items for $$$. Since they dont need the realm points to gear up as they dont care about gear.

Now the Farmers have found a way to double Dip, Not only can they sell there gold, they earn the influence to buy territory's to sell realm points as well.

Now I know you are currently on KR. This wouldn't be much of an issue on KR, as KR likes P2W, and people dont risk underground sales as KRSSN tied to account. However we have to remember how the US market works. I dont know how you played in AA, or if you know how deep the rabbit hole goes. However I can tell you right now, that if this system continues as is, I already know 2 pretty large groups of players that will be the "Farmers Guild". This will be an issue, a huge one, especially at launch. Which is fine with me, I dont mind P2W, it doesn't bother me so much as long as it isnt extreme. However the majority of American players are on one side or the other, and the side like me, that doesn't care, that will spend thousands if thats what it takes. Is the minority. The majority will just leave, and the game will die.

The reality is, I know a good bit of people in the underground MMO Market, and it is huge money business, and while me and you, as guild leaders that want to play the game and not make money, see the system as fine from a playing perspective. There is a large amount of people that will see nothing but dollar signs.

EMBRACE THE KOOLAID!
    • Also, we left out the flip side. And that is the limit is not even gold sellers, Once guilds are geared to a point they are happy. They can also begin to sell there extra realm points for gold or real money.

Being that Cinnis are tied to, realm point gear (Among others IK) and Epic runes, and Flying mounts are bought with Realm Points. In the current system, there will be masses of Realm Point sales the market will be huge and there will be guilds with this sole purpose, as well as guilds that will want to make a few dollars.

This requires a major rework to fix, Either give all guild members Realm Points, remove realm points for castro points (and give castros to each guildie for territory's).

Or make the Territories tied to PvP instead of bidding system. As the current system, bots can rule.

Both of those systems will still be subjective to some abuse, not as much as the current one.

The current system will not make a lasting game in NA, it will die swiftly. This will 100% be abused, and be Abused by bots, Causing a 2 fold issue.

I am kind of surprised, as I have been telling my friends and guild about the highlights of the siege system and gearing in it being personal, and we like that. There is no way to P2W epics, however all that goes out the window with the legendary's, in the current system.

All that is not even to mention the negative impact it will have on competitive guilds. As missing sieges will not be an option. If this system stays in place, my guild have already decided that as much as we hate to do it. We will have to have a hardcore attendance policy, like a minimum Influence points per day/week. That will have even our no lifers burned out in a few weeks and replacing them after words.

I know you played ESO Kor, so you know exactly what I'm talking about. We set a goal in ESO to have the first Emps on 3 campaigns and make more from them. We achieved that, but at the cost of having 20 members awake playing for almost a week straight. Our ESO stint didn't last very long, as the time required to be competitive was way too demanding. We did it, we all left the game on month 4-5ish, with 27 crowned emperors and sold emperor to at least 50 more people out of the guild. However, we left very early, due to the demands the game required and the burn out was real.

EMBRACE THE KOOLAID!

The post was edited 2 times, last by Daemonic ().

• The pvp gear cannot be sold in the auction house. they cannot be traded. The only way for players to buy that gear to is join the "gold farmers" guild so the guild leader can gift it to them, Can only gift people who are members of the guild.

Also, I am not worried about it as there would need to be 80-100 active gold farmers who play like normal pvpers to compete with the other active guilds who are bidding for a territory. In order for guilds to bid on a territory, they would need to compete and have active pvpers, run dungeons, and do the minion quests (3 missions a day).

I can maybe see a greedy guild leader do this, but it won't last too long unless the members are okay with it and don't leave the guild. Cause it's the members who are doing most of the work as the guild needs to work as a team to earn those influence points to keep maintaining on owning a territory every 2 weeks.
    • Korealer wrote:

The pvp gear cannot be sold in the auction house. they cannot be traded. The only way for players to buy that gear to is join the "gold farmers" guild so the guild leader can gift it to them, Can only gift people who are members of the guild.

Also, I am not worried about it as there would need to be 80-100 active gold farmers who play like normal pvpers to compete with the other active guilds who are bidding for a territory. In order for guilds to bid on a territory, they would need to compete and have active pvpers, run dungeons, and do the minion quests (3 missions a day).

I can maybe see a greedy guild leader do this, but it won't last too long unless the members are okay with it and don't leave the guild. Cause it's the members who are doing most of the work as the guild needs to work as a team to earn those influence points to keep maintaining on owning a territory every 2 weeks.
      Well my concern is the Dungeons and other, you can get Adventure points (Book Points in RU) by doing alot of things. I am 4x as many book points as I do PvP points, Granted with the Russian Schedule I can only do 2 sieges per day.

I am not 50 yet, but from what I have already seen, I am pretty sure that book points can be farmed correct? As can Dungeon points? At the very least, they could go to "Safe Areas" and gather all day with 100 bots, they may get the Points slower. They will still be able to win bids on territory's, just by saving up for a long time. Even if they only get 1 territory every 2 months for 2 weeks, times that by 100 guilds each with 100 bots, and we have a problem.

The bidding system does award smaller guilds, in the same way it will reward bots. Which that aspect is cool, they should be able to have a territory eventually, even if it takes awhile. My concern is just the bots, more so the way the community will feel about the bots/Realm Point sales.

Also I know, you cannot get gear without joining their guild. To a lot of people that wont matter, they could set up a dummy guild with no bots for customers. Or even look at a different market, such as selling the realm points to a guild, or through a guild. There is guild leaders that would/will spend quite a chunk of change to get an advantage for there people. Wont even lie, been guilty of that myself a few times.

There can be a serious advantage for buying Realm Points, and people will buy them, so bots will bot them.

Also a big misnomer in this, is bots can gather, bots can mob farm, bots can complete dungeons, bots can even PvP. In WoW there are bots that are better than most players in PvP.

EMBRACE THE KOOLAID!
    • Daemonic wrote:

Korealer wrote:

The pvp gear cannot be sold in the auction house. they cannot be traded. The only way for players to buy that gear to is join the "gold farmers" guild so the guild leader can gift it to them, Can only gift people who are members of the guild.

Well my concern is the Dungeons and other, you can get Adventure points (Book Points in RU) by doing alot of things. I am 4x as many book points as I do PvP points, Granted with the Russian Schedule I can only do 2 sieges per day.
      I am not 50 yet, but from what I have already seen, I am pretty sure that book points can be farmed correct? As can Dungeon points? At the very least, they could go to "Safe Areas" and gather all day with 100 bots, they may get the Points slower. They will still be able to win bids on territory's, just by saving up for a long time. Even if they only get 1 territory every 2 months for 2 weeks, times that by 100 guilds each with 100 bots, and we have a problem.

The bidding system does award smaller guilds, in the same way it will reward bots. Which that aspect is cool, they should be able to have a territory eventually, even if it takes awhile. My concern is just the bots, more so the way the community will feel about the bots/Realm Point sales.

Also I know, you cannot get gear without joining their guild. To a lot of people that wont matter, they could set up a dummy guild with no bots for customers. Or even look at a different market, such as selling the realm points to a guild, or through a guild. There is guild leaders that would/will spend quite a chunk of change to get an advantage for there people. Wont even lie, been guilty of that myself a few times.

There can be a serious advantage for buying Realm Points, and people will buy them, so bots will bot them.

Also a big misnomer in this, is bots can gather, bots can mob farm, bots can complete dungeons, bots can even PvP. In WoW there are bots that are better than most players in PvP.
      The thing is, if nothing like that is happening already in RU or KR, then I am not too worried about that happening in Bless (of course unless you are giving the bots any ideas haha).

It would have to take some serious dedication from the bots to keep owning a territory every 2 weeks to make some serious dough. If it does happen, it would only be a "once in awhile they own a territory" situation. As for bots being hardcore, I have never seen them super dedicated in a korean mmo. I've played a lot the past 10 years, and I just don't see it tbh.

Overall, I guess what I am trying to say it, it's best to not over think it and see what happens.

Most likely the bots will get banned + their guild over time if anything.
    • Korealer wrote:

Daemonic wrote:

Korealer wrote:

Well my concern is the Dungeons and other, you can get Adventure points (Book Points in RU) by doing alot of things. I am 4x as many book points as I do PvP points, Granted with the Russian Schedule I can only do 2 sieges per day.I am not 50 yet, but from what I have already seen, I am pretty sure that book points can be farmed correct? As can Dungeon points? At the very least, they could go to "Safe Areas" and gather all day with 100 bots, they may get the Points slower. They will still be able to win bids on territory's, just by saving up for a long time. Even if they only get 1 territory every 2 months for 2 weeks, times that by 100 guilds each with 100 bots, and we have a problem.

The thing is, if nothing like that is happening already in RU or KR, then I am not too worried about that happening in Bless (of course unless you are giving the bots any ideas haha).
      It would have to take some serious dedication from the bots to keep owning a territory every 2 weeks to make some serious dough. If it does happen, it would only be a "once in awhile they own a territory" situation. As for bots being hardcore, I have never seen them super dedicated in a korean mmo. I've played a lot the past 10 years, and I just don't see it tbh.

Overall, I guess what I am trying to say it, it's best to not over think it and see what happens.

Most likely the bots will get banned + their guild over time if anything.
      Ya, there wont be a problem with in KR, that is because people have to tie there socials to KR accounts. KR games never have bot issues, Russian games usually dont seem to have many bot issues either, I dont know why. Maybe they have laws similar to KR. If you are caught botting or exploiting in KR, you are banned from the internet, not the game, THE INTERNET.

That said, I dont understand the not seeing bots that hardcore. Botting is huge in KR games, its just a lot of bots are not like the trash ones that people see and know it is a bot.

Blizzard just show us in 2015 how big the bot problems really are. Before they made there lawsuit, they did a bot ban wave, and over 80% of the top 40% of players in Rated Areana were bots! Glad literally became a 1700 rating after the ban (that is the top 5% of players, and was 2900 for glad prior to thew wave.)

Hopefully, Gamigo keeps a very very close eye on this. There will be 1000 of bots at launch and they will be taking territory's I promise you.

Honestly though, no offense, if you think there isnt a HUGE Bot problem in KR F2P games, you have your eyes closed. KR games are where the majority of them are, Selling Gold outside of Games is a multi billion dollar industry. Again, there isnt bot issues on the KR servers, becasue their laws. But when the game comes to US, well go look at "Player Auctions".

EMBRACE THE KOOLAID!
    • Korelear wrote:

There were some causes when officers and guild leaders got caught attempting to sell orange gear for real money, some of them got banned. Selling orange gear for gold is OK as far as I know, so realm points > gold > real money scheme may still take place.
      Also, there once was a guild noone ever heard of (zero pvp, siege or any other pve activity), on one of less populated servers, which somehow aquired a territory but then it magically dissapeared leaving guild members counter at 0.

Russian games usually dont seem to have many bot issues either, I dont know why. Maybe they have laws similar to KR. If you are caught botting or exploiting in KR, you are banned from the internet, not the game, THE INTERNET.
      Nope, russians don't.
    Peria Chronicles