Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

Class Progression Questions

• Class Progression Questions

As the title says, I have a few questions on Class progression.

1). Which class/classes progress through the game the most efficiently? (What's easier/harder, Faster/slower when it comes to quest, map, and level completion)
      2). Which classes seem to be more dominant in terms of DPS? (I'm looking for end-game DPS).
      3). Are Classes limited on their DPS from their skills alone? Or is there a unique upgrade system that allows any class to essentially top the charts through gear?
      4). The only PvP question here, are tanks viable in PvP? or is there some balancing needed?

Please take your time to answer these questions the best you can ! I am new to this forum and to the world of Bless itself. I have not played any betas, just seen a handful of videos! I would like to hear from the people who have actually played the game themselves!

-x)
    • 1. fastest lvl class depends hard on y equip, skills, party setup, Server lag and
      after lvl 30 y gona open pvp so it depends hard if y gona get ganked often or not, on y lvl speed.
      2. more or less balanced
      3. better gear better dmg
      4. tanks are very good in pvp

there is no arena 1vs1 only duels, so 1 vs 1 balance not really matter
      y pvp activities gona be mass pvp, 3vs3
    • xCeld wrote:

As the title says, I have a few questions on Class progression.

1). Which class/classes progress through the game the most efficiently? (What's easier/harder, Faster/slower when it comes to quest, map, and level completion)

Well let's say it this way:

Paladin - is a monster in terms of surviving (many heals, selfheals, damage mitigation skills, overall high hp & defense) but lacks damage abilities. However PvE wise grinding mobs is easy as you have 2 aoe dots which tick relatively hard if done well. But grinding bosses is really really hard. Completing the quest and kill quests is relatively slow.

Guardian - basically the same as Paladin without the heals and damage mitigation but has better CC abilities (stun, etc.) and better damage abilities.
      Progressing is faster than the Paladin but still slow-ish

Mystic - I think Mystic is "THE" solo class as you can easily kite mobs, boss mobs, etc. with your DoTs, you can heal yourself and you have cc's so basically a all in one class. Downside is - you are a glass cannon class so AoE grinding isn't really possible so progress is so-so. If you do well enough you can basically grind yourself up without doing any single quest (story quests aside).

Ranger - ranged dd with some cc, dots and their evasive skill. Makes fun and is fast (at least my view) and isn't as squishy as the mage as they can fire their skills instantly (or at least faster than the mages with their cast time).

Berserker - well you deal massive damage but you have to watch out because if not you are going to die pretty easy. Progressing is really fast but requires some adjustments if you aren't used to being a glass cannon.

Mage - same as Ranger with the down side of cast times so you require some time to get used to combos and such. Basically an even more squishy glass cannon.

Assassin - never bothered to play the class so yeah.

2). Which classes seem to be more dominant in terms of DPS? (I'm looking for end-game DPS).

I guess Assassins are heavy hitter as well as Berserkers and Mages. Assassins and Zerkers require a good timing since many boss mechanics are based on dodging them so yeah.... Zerkers - if they die - they can equip the passive skill Requiem which let's them stay alive for additional 10 seconds which is basically a must have in PvP but guess in PvE it's so - so.

Not sure about Rangers and Mystics. Ranger deal a good amount of damage but also rely on dots. Mystics soley rely on dots and well are more focused on healing and support rather than dealing damage.

3). Are Classes limited on their DPS from their skills alone? Or is there a unique upgrade system that allows any class to essentially top the charts through gear?

Gear matters - still the difference between tiers isn't so dramatic to say if you wear an armor (let's say lvl 45 purple armor) it isn't magically increase your stats by a huge step compared to let's say lvl 45 blue or so.

4). The only PvP question here, are tanks viable in PvP? or is there some balancing needed?

Tanks are viable in PvP. Guardians have high defenses, their block and invulnerability skills as well as cc and a good junk of damage skills. So I'd place Guardian before Paladin since the Paladin is pretty much defensive orientated with all their mitigation skills, heals, etc. However even the Paladin can wreck let's say an Assassin or a Mage or a Ranger if done well. Isn't so easy but doable.

Balancing is well not perfect but way better than other games.

Please take your time to answer these questions the best you can ! I am new to this forum and to the world of Bless itself. I have not played any betas, just seen a handful of videos! I would like to hear from the people who have actually played the game themselves!

-x)
    • What Nito says, except mages can be built for all instant spells and tons of stuns so they can DPS on the move and never let the target reach them, they aren't the inferior version of rangers like Nito's post could make you think.

Berserkers are probably the fastest levelers. Heavy armor plus huge AoE damage and stuns means you can pull several mobs then AoE them down before they kill you, a feat that's much harder to pull off with other classes.

On the Russian servers, tanks are actually the go-to class for PvP... They kill pretty much anyone in 1vs1 except ice mages and good paladins. This will change at level 50. Tanks are also very needed in mass PvP.
    • 1). Which class/classes progress through the game the most efficiently? (What's easier/harder, Faster/slower when it comes to quest, map, and level completion) - Berserker is most easyes leveling clas... tons of dmg, alot of aoe dmg, high armor and hp. Guardian slower leveling - pure dmg, no heal like paladin. Buth everything depend on how you can play your class. Good players leveling fast with any clases

2). Which classes seem to be more dominant in terms of DPS? (I'm looking for end-game DPS). - Assassin is best one target dps. Berserker is best aoe dmg dps.

3). Are Classes limited on their DPS from their skills alone? Or is there a unique upgrade system that allows any class to essentially top the charts through gear? - gear help buth not is everything in this game, like in most other games... more important in this game is skill. And when we god lvl 50 content more important then gear is Runes... like one in Bless say - are gear give you 10% of your stats, runes give you 20% of your stats.

4). The only PvP question here, are tanks viable in PvP? or is there some balancing needed? - i play Assassin, and only hard class to beat for me is Guardian.
    • Thank you guys! I appreciate the responses. Quick response from myself though.

1). I heard that anything that isn't ranged dps gets slaughtered immediately in PvP?

2). I figured that the tanks would be highest DPS for PVE/PvP because of all their AoE, but as far as single target goes, whos takes the cake? In other words, I want to play a Boss Killing class.

3). I've always been an archer guy, any good feedback?
    • Time to kill in Bless is quite big, no one gets immediately slaughtered.
      Tanks barely have any AoE. Berserkers aren't tanks, although they can act like one, when people say "tank" they usually refer to the guardian whose DPS is poor.
      If you want to play a boss killer class play assassin or archer (but mages get buffed in the level 50 patch, and they already have really good single-target DPS).
      Haven't played an archer. They seem to have one of the best single-target damage and are mage killers but get slaughtered by melee.
    • Shiverlynn wrote:

Time to kill in Bless is quite big, no one gets immediately slaughtered.
      Tanks barely have any AoE. Berserkers aren't tanks, although they can act like one, when people say "tank" they usually refer to the guardian whose DPS is poor.
      If you want to play a boss killer class play assassin or archer (but mages get buffed in the level 50 patch, and they already have really good single-target DPS).
      Haven't played an archer. They seem to have one of the best single-target damage and are mage killers but get slaughtered by melee.
      dont agree at all with this

1)in mass pvp you get slaughtered if you dont have any kind of protection ( shift-key, healer, no protection skills) so like in all games

1a) tanks dont have any aoe wtf you play =? (every class has some kind of aoe skills) tanks have much cc, may be they do less dmg yes but they have enough aoe
      in mass pvp your job is to cc people mass debuff, mass stun

1b) berserker run in try to 1hit squishes and when you are dead, you have around 10 sec to take so many people with you ofc if you not stunned

2) best single dd is assasin

3) havent played archer, dont make any predictions if you didnt play it)
      its 50:50 archer and mage and you truely see good archer if they kill assasin when he can play his class

4) in this game what i like is balance between classes (with right build you can kill any class and ofc die)
    • I didn't say tanks have no AoE at all. I said they don't have much. As far as I remember we have only one AoE damage skill with a low cooldown, and its damage is pretty low. It's nothing compared to what berserkers or mages can do. I wasn't talking about PvP, of course you have tons of control in PvP. You don't have enough AoE power to grind huge groups of mobs like berserkers do is what I mean.

Assassins and archers are pretty close DPS-wise on a single target, assassins are the best, archers are second best, plus they have the advantage of being ranged.

Also OP's question about how long it takes to die in PvP wasn't specifically about mass PvP. In 1vs1 time to kill is pretty big. Of course you won't live long when focused by 10 people in mass pvp... But in small scale encounters it may take quite some time to kill an enemy player, unlike in other games where you can two- or oneshot people.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Shiverlynn ().

• Shiverlynn wrote:

I didn't say tanks have no AoE at all. I said they don't have much. As far as I remember we have only one AoE damage skill with a low cooldown, and its damage is pretty low. It's nothing compared to what berserkers or mages can do. I wasn't talking about PvP, of course you have tons of control in PvP. You don't have enough AoE power to grind huge groups of mobs like berserkers do is what I mean.

Assassins and archers are pretty close DPS-wise on a single target, assassins are the best, archers are second best, plus they have the advantage of being ranged.

Also OP's question about how long it takes to die in PvP wasn't specifically about mass PvP. In 1vs1 time to kill is pretty big. Of course you won't live long when focused by 10 people in mass pvp... But in small scale encounters it may take quite some time to kill an enemy player, unlike in other games where you can two- or oneshot people.

tanks have at least 4 aoe skills what i can count, one of them has 5sec cd so may be y count only him =? i dont understand why you compare tank with berserker, only mage can aoe like bers)

and about pvp are you even playing this game =?
      bers, mage, assa all can 1hit ( 1combo) you if you dont have shift key ability to dodge
      i gona stop to discuss it with you and lvl 10 pvp....
    • xCeld wrote:

Do all classes have dodge ability? Are there items that allow classes like Archer to deal more damage vs tanks?
      every class has a shift skill that will allow them to dodge abilities and for some relocate and remove cc

items? uhh i mean there's no armor pen or whatever but guardians and paladins aren't supposed to be easy to kill anyway, it's more so flat damage and crit that will allow dps classes to have a chance

but in the long run this is a trinity game and rock/paper/scissors .... a ranger should not be knocking down tanks at all with such ease unless geared far above the guardian or paladin (berserker is not a tank)
      my squad going into pvp :3
    This is a Fansite and not the official Website for Bless. © NEOWIZ . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © NEOWIZ BLESS STUDIO. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.