Bless EU/NA Status Update 11/9/16

• Daemonic wrote:

Korealer wrote:

I know Aeira and their history of mmo's and how they run their cash shop. But people have to also understand: Bless will be their first true Triple AAA title mmorpg. (meaning high quality/high budget mmo) They are going to treat that game like their first born child. It's already given that from what we see, they will try whatever they can to not fuk it up. (Or at least it shouldnt be as bad as people think).

But in the end, it's all up in the air.
      Just wanted to point out, as I keep seeing this "Its Aeria will be P2w" This isnt Aerias game, it hasnt been for a long time. Aeria Games doesnt exist anymore, They got bought out, right after the Bless deal.
      en.gamigo.com/corporate/uncate…and-aeria-games-to-merge/ (I know it says merger, for the sugercoat, but it was just first link, dig deeper it was a buyout.)

Aeria games is just a division of Gamigo now, Anything they did in the past is irrelevant at this point, as those people are no longer in charge.

Also, I dont play Aeria games myself, but I know people who do, and that is why I know about this. All there old games are dead wastelands now, they get no support, no attention, no anything. Gamigo wasnt really buying Aeria games, they bought the publisher to take the game IMO. That is why they said they want to fix the bad rep with Bless, because its no longer Aeria, its a subsidiary.

Which is good, if my theory is correct which all evidence supports it is. Then Gamigo bought a publisher just to publish Bless, so they are going to put there heart in soul into it, I would think.

EDIT: Just a little more evidence, along with some Buy Out evidence. gamasutra.com/view/news/276292…wake_of_Gamigo_merger.php

"While Aeria will continue to be a going concern in the game industry, an estimated 106 people are reportedly being let go at the company and a number of projects are being shut down."

Everyone fired, Everything shut down but Bless LOL.
      This was news to me. +1
    • Just wanted to point out that Aeria Games and Gamigo still exist as individual companies and the continued publishing of their games has been insured. For what I know Aeria still have exclusive right on Bless Online.

For people interested: Aeria Games is still a subsidiary of ProSiebenSat.1 Media (remeber Everquest Next) that after the merge owns around 33% of Gamigo shares. You can find all the relevant informations browsing here.
      What follow is my personal opinion: ProSiebenSat.1 basically used Aeria Games (previously owned at 100%) to enter as "minority" (one third) shareholder in Gamigo.

Gamigo itself underwent through quite some changes in the managment in the last years: in 2008 Gamigo was owned by almost 95% by Axel Springer Venture GmbH and holding of Axel Springer SE one of the largest digital publishing houses in Europe.
      Right now, if my informations are up to date, Gamigo is for one third ProSiebenSat.1 and two thirds Samarion SE that aquired Axel Springer shares in 2012, around 5% is still owned by the CEO.

Sadly I don't belive that any of those mentioned above have any real passion in MMORPGs and that's why I'm quite afraid that this wonderful game gonna end like TERA in another cash grab. I do hope I'm wrong.

I understand, being myself in business, that you need profits but we can not deny the greed of companies that prefer to squeeze money fast in a limited time. All this is partially gamers fault that looking at this scenery just adapt their consumers habits by hopping from an mmo to the next without the "loyalty" that the previous generation of gamers had.
    • @Kurokazu Thanks for sharing, I didn't know that channel. Now subscribed.

I think he got all points in termn of what we should expect, also I agree with him about the cash shop, even the Russian one is still fine imo. I'd love to see some commodities to rise a character to level cap and/or EXP bundles (only available after you have one or a certain number of characters already at level cap or at a certain item level thou, to avoid lazy newbie in high level contents).
    • New

kazeitachi wrote:

I saw some vids about catching pets in this game. I really hope this game has combat pets like RIFT's rangers pets or WoW's Hunter or like the already dead Spirit Tales where you can even give pets armors, weapons, accessories and skills.
      Nope, pets give non combat buffs. Increased gold drops, Increased XP, Increased Honor points, ect.

There is 1 pet I have seen that, seemed to attack me. But I think that is mystic specific, it looks like a genie, it didn't hit hard or very often.

Warlocks will have summons as well.

EMBRACE THE KOOLAID!
    • New

Daemonic wrote:

kazeitachi wrote:

I saw some vids about catching pets in this game. I really hope this game has combat pets like RIFT's rangers pets or WoW's Hunter or like the already dead Spirit Tales where you can even give pets armors, weapons, accessories and skills.
      Nope, pets give non combat buffs. Increased gold drops, Increased XP, Increased Honor points, ect.
      There is 1 pet I have seen that, seemed to attack me. But I think that is mystic specific, it looks like a genie, it didn't hit hard or very often.

Warlocks will have summons as well.
      I see, Thanks for the info I guess I'm going to look forward on warlock's summons
    • New

PETS give buffs... Altough there are some special pets wich could attack, would be really nice, but I dont think thats gonna happen... Only class with battle pets will be warlock i guess....
    Peria Chronicles