Bless EU/NA Status Update 11/9/16

• Bless EU/NA Status Update 11/9/16

Hello everyone,

As explained in our status update the US/EU release of BLESS has been pushed due to some rework being done by our friends at Neowiz to enhance player’s experience.

Today, we would like to provide some updates on what is currently being worked on by the team. The two major axes are around performance improvements and combat system improvements.

The game performance is currently being improved for large scale contents such as Siege of Castra and Raid. The loading times for persistent world content are also being improved for textures and monsters to be loaded more quickly. This should provide a more seamless experience to all of you.

The combat system is also being improved. For instance, the aim targeting system is being worked on. The sensitivity of auto targeting will be adjusted and a lock-on feature will be added to provide a better combat experience. The combat-related UIs are also getting improvements with, for example, some subdivisions for damage and heal marks. Few other combat improvements are also scheduled and we will update you on the progress.

Some quality of life improvement will also be added like a better tutorial, more convenient chat UI and improvements to the world map.

The goal of all these improvements will be to provide a better version of BLESS to all of you.
      We will keep you updated whenever possible so for all the latest information, stay tuned to Bless-Source!

Wishing you all a great day!
    • It's great to hear that there's some progress being done.

If I can make a quick suggestion. Can you please look into an issue where the cursor isn't locked in place while rotating camera (using mouse)? This was one of the most annoying things that held me from coming back to the game. I don't know whether it falls under bugs, UI issues, quality of life improvements, combat or whatever, but please look into it if possible.
      ~구르는 돌에는 이끼가 끼지 않는다~
    • So does this mean you guys have made progress from 2 months ago when these topic plans/updates were pretty much the same? Wondering if you guys feel Q1 next year will be enough time for a closed beta?

in other words... :!: I WANNA PLAY THE GAME SO BAD! :!:
    • Good to hear the non-target/action combat is being worked on specifically in terms of healing. It's pretty much impossible to heal an ally target with a non-aoe heal atm without having to click their character/hp bar, which defeats the purpose of non-target. It's refreshing to see a company not only take into account people's feedback but also update the community about progress. Transparency is very much appreciated. <3
    • Laufie wrote:

Good to hear the non-target/action combat is being worked on specifically in terms of healing. It's pretty much impossible to heal an ally target with a non-aoe heal atm without having to click their character/hp bar, which defeats the purpose of non-target. It's refreshing to see a company not only take into account people's feedback but also update the community about progress. Transparency is very much appreciated. <3
      Yes is really amazing, i agree with you 100%.

And here goes my feedback. Please Aeria game, don't change anything. The KR version is perfect. The game is old school, challenging. Killing monsters is not as easy in other games, in fact some say is someway like dark souls but not that much. People is saying you need a party to kill some common mobs to not making it so hard. Of course this opinions are meant to be negative in most cases.

My opinions is the game is designed by old school gamers and made for old school gamers who played Lineage 2 and other more difficult games. And now more and more players are thanking that kind of games. I do.

I include the target system and healing others part of this view. The thing must be hard to be fun, that's how real gamers enjoy, that bring us good games like The Witcher 3 and Dark Souls and i mention them because we need that in MMORPGs. I used healers in Lineage 2 with that target and combat system and was so much better and fun than the nowdays casual system.

Kids ask , cry and want developers to change games and make them easier so they can "win" or whatever they do. That would be really bad if the world had this thinking for everything.
    • I'm playing the game right now. And i understand less than i did before those comments about combat system and the problems regarding gameplay, because the game is just as any modern game for movements and skills, the targeting system is better for me in the old school form. And what i found is a difficult challenging game, easy to die for some, even experienced youtubers show how they die playing this game and it looks like that's the problem, i mean THEMnot the actual game.

So when Aeria get this out, this will be awesome. And if they put a pve server will be better, more people for the game.

Combat system then, in my opinion, it's PERFECT.
    • Hi Carsomyr,

any news from the product manager of Aeria Games? A little bit more details may be? In the Press to say in 2017 (CBT? OBT? Release?) is
      defently not enough !
      Or leave Carsomyr/Hakan Aeria Games? I'm frustrated about Aeria Games ... nothing concrete. We switched from RIFT to BLESS because
      this game here is really good ... but some people ask me now, about the future in NA/EU, because of empty servers in Korea and no date
      in EU/NA.

! Carsomyr/Hakan, Aeria Games oversleep the Hype of BLESS !

And also, is Aeria Games interest about the opinion of the p(l)ayer's?

Which thinks we expect to support?
      What is the content?
      What is inside of the Shop (not in detail ... but an overview wuold be very nice)?
      Only p2w? And so on.

We have a lot of thinks and questions which we want to talk honestly with you and Aeria Games.

At the moment I lost more and more players to the trational games like WoW (the evil word ;) ), FF XIV, BD,
      and also to Revelation (<- in my opinion the greatest concurrent to BLESS)

Please ... from time to time also news from the Procduct Manager of Aeria Games would be very helpful to stay in BLESS
      for the future in EU/NA than. Only to read in the press isn't good when the product manager is part of the community here in
      bless-sourse.com . We will see that AeriaGames is in interest about us.

Best regards

Antyr

The post was edited 3 times, last by Anttyr ().

• I've been playing the game since the 2nd CBT in Korea and the game has been improved in all aspects but I have some concerns:

-The optimization is better after the latest update on RU servers but it's not enough, and to be honest, far from being playable. You can barely get 15fps on sieges on mininum graphics settings and the World Boss is a joke. (I'm playing on GTX1070 + 8gb RAM + I7 4790 + SSD).

-The game is crashing a lot to everyone after the latest patch.

- They did not add a single skill in game.

-There are specific pets giving status that you can only buy with real money (the leopard with santa's hat is one of them), P2W feature.

-Bugs like the flying mount bug, where suddenly your mount doesn't fly anymore until you go to character selection screen.

I hope that Aeria take at least 1 year to bring the game to NA because they need time to fix things, including bugs, otherwise the game will fail like it did in Korea.

And yes, Aeria Games is failling in give us information about the current status of NA/EU versions.

Sorry about my english. ;)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Symeria ().

• Symeria wrote:

I've been playing the game since the 2nd CBT in Korea and the game has been improved in all aspects but I have some concerns:

-The optimization is better after the latest update on RU servers but it's not enough, and to be honest, far from being playable. You can barely get 15fps on sieges on mininum graphics settings and the World Boss is a joke. (I'm playing on GTX1070 + 8gb RAM + I7 4790 + SSD).

-The game is crashing a lot to everyone after the latest patch.

- They did not add a single skill in game.

-There are specific pets giving status that you can only buy with real money (the leopard with santa's hat is one of them), P2W feature.

-Bugs like the flying mount bug, where suddenly your mount doesn't fly anymore until you go to character selection screen.

I hope that Aeria take at least 1 year to bring the game to NA because they need time to fix things, including bugs, otherwise the game will fail like it did in Korea.

And yes, Aeria Games is failling in give us information about the current status of NA/EU versions.

Sorry about my english. ;)
      True, game optimisation is still very very bad.
      True, they did not add a single skill in game... however this is only Beta :)
      False, There are specific pets giving status that you can only buy with real money (the leopard with santa's hat is one of them), P2W feature... I have never seen any pet in Lumens shop that you cannot get by playing the game, sorry.
      False, Bugs like the flying mount bug, where suddenly your mount doesn't fly anymore until you go to character selection screen... this is not an bug but the feature. They did not allow flying mounts for purpose, to do not avoid pvp by flying around and flying mounts are available to 1% of players from World Bosses, events etc.

The game is under constant development and they are adding more and more features and bug fixed every 3 weeks (guild wars, rune synthesis changes to stabilise the market, jewellery quest bug fix etc.

There is a hope for this game :)
    • Hello,

I played the game 4/5 weeks now and I my opinion is a little bit differ to you (Snky and Symeria).
      I switched from an established game (RIFT) to here. And the game is absoluty
      fine in compare to RIFT latest AddOn 4 (after 6 years).

So here my own opinion:

- I can't give a statement about the optimization because the time is to short I played. With my configuration
      I have at the World Boss around 30 fps and higher. O.k. from time to time, it hangs for 2 or 3 sec. but this is
      really very rar. My configuration is: Rx480 8GB + 32GB Ram + I7 5820 + SSD.
      But what I see, in the monitoring for BLESS, it use up to 5,4 GB RAM. If you have start and running another
      programs (Browser ... whatever) this can be have an influence (in my opinion).
      Also I use the patch to use more than 2 CPU's. But Up to 3 in rar case to 4 is not the big improvement I believe :) .

- Honestly, after the update to lvl50 patch I have also crashes ... but really rar also.

- Agree about the single skill

- I'm not a fan of Pets. But also in other games you can have pets with real money. But not an issue for me.

- I never get the problem with the flying mounts, but other players in my guild have this issue also like you.

AeriaGames is a money company and not a community ... therefor the will try to have a good game to make
      money. My concerns is only the long time that AeriaGames needed. It is defently to long.

And about my english ... I'm a native german(bavarian) language speaker .........

Best regards

Antyr
    Peria Chronicles