Mystic Mega-thread

• Mystic
    • well my impression till lvl 39 so far is that Mystic is (of course in my view) the solo class in Bless. You can kill nearly everything including field bosses - depending on the type of the mob you can even farm them for exp.

Until lvl 39 I had no trouble killing any field boss and even those with certain mechanics (like the lvl 30ish sheep with the two minions and the vulnerability while the two minions are alive) aren't all too hard. Even the hard hitting ones are completely do-able with potions at hand.

In PvP I really struggle against Assassins and Berserkers (Requiem >.>). Everything else is basically the same thing as PvE - slow, dot, dot, dot, dot, slow, dot,dot,dot,dot, slow. (Solo PvP). Mass PvP is also evil - aoe sleep + area healing + silence = very very annoying. On the other hand - you are very very squishy.
    • Bunny wrote:

I'm curious whether Mystic will be up to par with a Paladin in end game pvp and pve.

Or a watered down version of a dps Paladin like the Mystic in Tera Online. Anyone knows?

Paladin is very defensive orientated - first of all the defensive skill (heals you and makes you immune to any attack), has a ton of damage mitigation skills which work good for allies and excellent for yourself (due to the core skill influence) and of course the healing abilities which do not really affect the Paladin trait but the Priest trait. I mean Paladin has the better healing ability for PvE situations and to my feels a way higher mana pool/lower mana cost.

Mystic isn*t really a watered down version of a Paladin but more like a better Mage or another version of a Mage. I never played Mystic in Tera and sadly never played with a good one but I think the Mystic here is basically the same concept as in Tera minus the orbs and plus more damage abilities (if you set both classes in perspective with the number of skills you can use in both games in mind).

The hard part is - Mystic is terrible for dungeons if either the party or the mystic is slightly bad. As Paladin I felt pretty much capable of healing pretty much any situation. With the Mystic I constantly feel a bit overwhelmed. Sure I didn't have many parties yet and the ones I had were incredible bad (dps which collected aoe hits, etc.) but still.... even smaller group pulls are harder to deal with than with the Paladin.

On the other hand the dps is higher with you and if the party is good enough (maybe TS/discord - organized, etc.) I think the Mystic might be able to roll some dungeons.

As for PvP - the Mystic is a greater asset than the Paladin since the CC abilities, heals and buffs.
    • Nito wrote:

Bunny wrote:

I'm curious whether Mystic will be up to par with a Paladin in end game pvp and pve.

Or a watered down version of a dps Paladin like the Mystic in Tera Online. Anyone knows?
      Paladin is very defensive orientated - first of all the defensive skill (heals you and makes you immune to any attack), has a ton of damage mitigation skills which work good for allies and excellent for yourself (due to the core skill influence) and of course the healing abilities which do not really affect the Paladin trait but the Priest trait. I mean Paladin has the better healing ability for PvE situations and to my feels a way higher mana pool/lower mana cost.

Mystic isn*t really a watered down version of a Paladin but more like a better Mage or another version of a Mage. I never played Mystic in Tera and sadly never played with a good one but I think the Mystic here is basically the same concept as in Tera minus the orbs and plus more damage abilities (if you set both classes in perspective with the number of skills you can use in both games in mind).

The hard part is - Mystic is terrible for dungeons if either the party or the mystic is slightly bad. As Paladin I felt pretty much capable of healing pretty much any situation. With the Mystic I constantly feel a bit overwhelmed. Sure I didn't have many parties yet and the ones I had were incredible bad (dps which collected aoe hits, etc.) but still.... even smaller group pulls are harder to deal with than with the Paladin.

On the other hand the dps is higher with you and if the party is good enough (maybe TS/discord - organized, etc.) I think the Mystic might be able to roll some dungeons.

As for PvP - the Mystic is a greater asset than the Paladin since the CC abilities, heals and buffs.

Hey Nito,

Firstly thank you for your reply. It gives me some kind of an idea with which of the two classes to start with if this game comes to EU ;)

I played both priest (healer was called Priest in Tera) and mystic in Tera Online but only the priest was my main so I played it in high end dungeons/end game.
      It had very strong heals compared to the mystic there and a lot more utilities.

But I had a mystic friend who played mystic as high end game and he had a very good static who usually downed every new content within a few weeks. The mystic there was better to have as healer in your party if the party knew what they were doing.

I get the impression that the mystic in Bless might get a similar treatment in end game situations, best to have over Paladin if the party knows what they are doing for extra bit dps and buffs etc.

I think I'll start this game off with Paladin, I really love the healing role in any games, and I am a decent healer I think :P And will probably try out the mystic as my second option because the mechanics seem very interesting too.

Again, thank you very much for the reply. I appreciate it^^

Cheers :)
      <3 Bunnies Forever <3

• i found a few video that shows mystic and paladin that run together in pve/dungoens.

youtube.com/watch?v=ag_-7LgNwqE
      youtube.com/watch?v=uYZEuTUdR1g

I believe that mystic is more like a support healer that support the group with buffs/sustain heals while paladin is a main healer in the group and also IT IS possible that mystic can solo heal few easy contents but if the content is well known enough sometimes u dont even need a "healer/support" to go along with.

The only thing is confusing for me is that the paladin class icon, somehow it switched from the "hammer" icon to a "priest staff", so am assuming it has to do with the dungeon roles maybe?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Chuu741 ().

• Makes perfect sense to pantheras not being mystics. There are things, characters that works or make sense for some things and doesn't for some other. Big muscular guys, beasts, they make fit better to close combat classes, high HP , constitution and all that.

This game is not understood by many people. I put this simple, this game is like Lineage 2, and that was a hell of a mmorpg.

About paladins. I don't know, but has heals, and has heavy armor not cloth like mystic in tera online. Not tera online mystic was a healer/buffer thing, support they said.

This paladin looks like a support but more tankier. Not sure about this but, i'm sure they use heavy armor.

Mystic looks like Lineage 2 shilien elder or some kind of mix between that and others. But it's clearly a healer/buffer class with debuffs, Lineage 2 style.

The post was edited 2 times, last by SageFox ().

• SageFox wrote:

Makes perfect sense to pantheras not being mystics. There are things, characters that works or make sense for some things and doesn't for some other. Big muscular guys, beasts, they make fit better to close combat classes, high HP , constitution and all that.

This game is not understood by many people. I put this simple, this game is like Lineage 2, and that was a hell of a mmorpg.

About paladins. I don't know, but has heals, and has heavy armor not cloth like mystic in tera online. Not tera online mystic was a healer/buffer thing, support they said.

This paladin looks like a support but more tankier. Not sure about this but, i'm sure they use heavy armor.

Mystic looks like Lineage 2 shilien elder or some kind of mix between that and others. But it's clearly a healer/buffer class with debuffs, Lineage 2 style.
      um.... you do realize Lupus can be Mystics right? and they're the mirror image practically of Pantheras lol
      what makes it even more confusing is there are plenty of cutscenes of Pantheras using magic so idk why they are not allowed to be them
      The starting area for Pantheras literally involves fighting off a magical Panthera mage who is turning people into more beastial forms or w/e
    • (I'm sorry if someone already asked this)
      How viable is the Mystic as a DPS class? I generally like to play hybrid mage/healer classes. In Aion I played a Songweaver, which was pretty dps heavy, yet also had plenty of healing and buffing skills. Its main job was to DPS, assist the Cleric (with heals and mana regen) and dispel bosses.
      Though I really enjoy healing, I also like to be able to have pretty good DPS. I've watched tons of Mystic gameplay videos, and mostly what I see is healing. If it's solo play, they seem to only rotate 3 or 4 DPS skills. So I'm a little concerned that it's much more limited in the DPS department than other classes I've played.

Does it have any nuke skills? How come I only see Mystics rotating 3 or 4 skills in gameplay videos? I've looked at the skill list and it seems there are mostly DoT skills....I'm still a bit confused though.
      I'd really appreciate it if someone could enlighten me. I am most likely going to main this class (unless Warlock steals me away) and I'm trying to wrap my head around everything haha

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kurokazu ().

• Kurokazu wrote:

(I'm sorry if someone already asked this)
      How viable is the Mystic as a DPS class? I generally like to play hybrid mage/healer classes. In Aion I played a Songweaver, which was pretty dps heavy, yet also had plenty of healing and buffing skills. Its main job was to DPS, assist the Cleric (with heals and mana regen) and dispel bosses.
      Though I really enjoy healing, I also like to be able to have pretty good DPS. I've watched tons of Mystic gameplay videos, and mostly what I see is healing. If it's solo play, they seem to only rotate 3 or 4 DPS skills. So I'm a little concerned that it's much more limited in the DPS department than other classes I've played.
      from what i've seen you can build and play mystic dps class but in group situations you really are more preferred to heal... sadly unless you have a paladin in the group you can probably get away with a mostly dps build (but you still need a heal and dispel)

the mystic does have this bat swarm skill that is basically a nuke to anyone and also this leaf spell that deals high dmg in pvp because i think it's max hp percent based but yeah mostly dot based with party buff tbh... their dots deal heavy dmg though because you have 3 heavy ones on them at all times and a whirlpool aoe they can get stuck in
      plus other utility dmg abilities like knockbacks and roots. snares, slows
      but they won't be nuking like sorcs or sins that often
      in pve boss battles that continuos dmg is nice though.... makes dungeons easier so they're always wanted for those dots (but healing throughout too lol)

the aion bard is too op so don't ever expect another game to have a class like that (i'm being very honest as i had 2 bards in NA and EU aion max lvl)
      hope this helps a bit
    • Puremystic wrote:

Kurokazu wrote:

(I'm sorry if someone already asked this)
      from what i've seen you can build and play mystic dps class but in group situations you really are more preferred to heal... sadly unless you have a paladin in the group you can probably get away with a mostly dps build (but you still need a heal and dispel)
      the mystic does have this bat swarm skill that is basically a nuke to anyone and also this leaf spell that deals high dmg in pvp because i think it's max hp percent based but yeah mostly dot based with party buff tbh... their dots deal heavy dmg though because you have 3 heavy ones on them at all times and a whirlpool aoe they can get stuck in
      plus other utility dmg abilities like knockbacks and roots. snares, slows
      but they won't be nuking like sorcs or sins that often
      in pve boss battles that continuos dmg is nice though.... makes dungeons easier so they're always wanted for those dots (but healing throughout too lol)

the aion bard is too op so don't ever expect another game to have a class like that (i'm being very honest as i had 2 bards in NA and EU aion max lvl)
      hope this helps a bit
      Thank you!!
      Yes this definitely does help me understand more. I'm not really looking for crazy mage-like skills, just some level of versatility when it comes to damage skills. As fun as healing is, you're going to need to kill things. And if your ability to kill mobs/players is limited, it gets boring. Mystic's healing skills and animations are some of the coolest I've ever seen from a healing class. So that was a major win for me. I just needed to know if it has the damage skills to back it up.

I played a max level SW as well and I was pretty damn good at it. But I never found it OP compared to other classes. Yea it could've used fewer nuke skills, but those were mostly charge skills - which resulted in me rarely succeeding with them in PvP. I actually (surprisingly) felt like SW was too DPS heavy and didn't have enough support versatility. But Aion is so incredibly broken anyway. So it doesn't matter xD

I don't expect to find another class exactly like it. I just liked how it satisfied my desire to feel like a mage while giving me the healing and support abilities I enjoy in party play. I used to always go straight for the mage class in any game. But after playing Songweaver, I got hooked on the hybrid healer/mage classes. I also played Celan in Jade Dynasty and Occultist in Revelation.

Anyway, what you've told me makes me feel a lot better about it. Part of what makes playing a hybrid class fun is that you usually have the ability to build your character to focus more on healing or DPSing. I'm glad to know I won't be too limited should I decide to focus on DPS. Maybe I'll end up favoring the healing/support after all. Who knows. As long as I options though, I'm happy =)
    • I only got to play this class for a few days, and sadly the Russian server I played on is closing down soon, but I do have to say I rather enjoyed it. It reminded me a lot of a druid from other games, and that makes me happy. I've always had a soft spot for water and nature magic. :) I was also lucky that my favourite race could be them. Course, if they eventually add Siren and let them be Mystics as well, I might end up with an identity crisis. :P
    • Yeah, I saw that. I have to say, though the English community is still small, we have some really neat people here. All the people who take time from their personal schedules to post guides, offer tech advice, run this website, and translate the game into the fan localisation patches are really quite amazing. :)
    Peria Chronicles