Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

Mystic Mega-thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Mystic Mega-thread

This post will be updated step-by-step, there's lot of stuff to translate...

BRIEF DESCRIPTION:
      The symbol of Mystic class is the Wooden Staff:

Mystic is support class who wears a robe and provides HoT skills, AoE Healing Skills and various beneficial effects. If left alone, it can damage enemies with DoT skills and debuff them.

RACES:

The only races that can play Mystic are:

Hieron: Habicht, Sylvan Elf and Lupus

Union: Amistad, Aqua Elf

BASIC ATTACK SKILLS

Breeze: Basic attack skill

Gust: Inflicts damage to an enemy and restore 2% mana

Frostwork: Inflicts a periodic damage every 2 seconds over 12 seconds and reduce enemy's movement speed

Vine: Inflict damage to surrounding enemies.It can gather power to increase its damage and provides additional effects with core skills

MAIN SKILLS:
      These skills are linked to the specializations and can provide different bonus effects:

Breath of the Wild: Heals the caster and nearby allies every 2 seconds over 12 seconds in a 20m radius.

Swipes: Inflicts a damage ever 2 seconds for 14 seconds to an enemy.

Rapid Flow: Reduces the cooldowns and increases the casting speed of nearby allies in the area.

BASIC REACTION SKILL (SHIFT KEY):

Entangling Roots: It's a channeling skill that removes harmful effects from allies and roots nearby enemies in a 4m radius, while the channeling is active the caster can't use any other skill.

SPECIALIZATIONS:

Note: some skill names are hard to translate!

The Beast Within

Benefits:

Provides an additional effect to the next casting skill:

[Ignite]: Increases the periodic damage of Ignite.
      [FrostWork]: instant cast and increases movement speed reduction.
      [Swipes]: Increases the periodic damage of Swipes.

Lasting effects:

Increase the damage to an enemy by 25%.
      The casting speed is increased by 10%.
      Every 8 seconds the amount of the next attack skills applies periodic effects by 15%. This effect is not cumulative, is released by using the skill again.

Skill change:

[Gust] gets the [wild] effects when using the [wind blade of grass] a chance. [Feral] effect is nested up to 10 times [vampire] it increases the amount of damage [wild] to exhaust all effective use.

Breaking Waves

Benefits

Provides an additional effect for the next casting skill.

[Entangling Roots]: Increases the movement speed of allies.
      [Breath of the wild]: Increases the duration healing.
      [Healing Rain]: Instant casting
      [Wave Shield]: increases magic defense of allies.
      [Mana]: Adds an HP recovery effect.

Lasting effects

This increases healing done by 25%.
      50% increase in the amount of mana.
      The casting speed is increased by 10%.
      Heals every party member every 8 seconds during combat.

Skill change:

[Wind Energy] [Gust] is changed to [water conditioning].

Forest Keeper

Benefits

Provides an additional effect for the next casting skill.

[Whirpool]: Reduces enemy movement speed.
      Instant cast: Light shallows.
      [Healing Wave]: Increases magic armor.
      [Energy recovery]: Recovers breath.
      [Wildlife]: You can move during invincibility
      [Rapid Flow]: Increases the casting speed effect.

Lasting effects
      Heals party members during combat every 8 seconds in a 20m radius.
      The attack power and spell power of party members in the 30m radius increased by 10%.

SKill changes:

[Wind Energy] [breeze sword] is changed to [water conditioning.
      [Butterfly] is changed to [bow clouds.
      [Wave Playback] is changed to [waves tent.
      [Willow storm] is changed to [rehabilitation].
      [Mana Recovery] is changed to [Energy recovery].
      [Chain Heal] does not decrease the amount of healing
      [Wildlife], reduces the cooldown of 30%

ACTIVE SKILLS: Work in Progress (source: bless.pmang.com/index.nwz?mKey=2&sKey=2#guide/detail/366)

lv 4) Vampire Bats: Inflicts damage to an enemy and 10% of the damage inflicted is restored to the caster's health.

lv 6) Swipes: Inflicts a damage ever 2 seconds for 14 seconds to an enemy.

lv 8 - Healing Rain: Restores health of nearby allies

lv 10) Razor Leaf: Channeling skill - Inflicts a periodic damage and reduces enemy's movement speed

lv 12) Sacrifice: Resurrect dead allies.

lv 13) Water Harmony: Inflicts damage when used on an enemy or heals if used on an ally.

lv 14) Breath of the Wild: Heals the caster and nearby allies up to 10 raid members every 2 seconds over 12 seconds in a 20m radius.

lv 16) Healing Roots: Heals an ally every 2 second over 12 seconds.

lv 18) Healing Wave: Heals nearby allies in front of the Mystic up to 10 raid members.

lv 20) Healing Fountain: Summon a fountain in the selected area that continously heals nearby allies

lv 22) Whirpool: Summon a vortex in the selected area that inflicts damage to every enemy inside the vortex.

lv 24) Falconry: Inflicts damage and knockbacks enemies in front of the caster. Can be used up to 3 times.

lv 26) Mana Recovery: Restores 40% of caster's mana over 10 seconds. If the core skill Breaking Waves is active, restores caster's health every 2 seconds over 10 seconds. If the core skill [Forest Keeper] is active, restores energy of an ally.

lv 26) Energy Recovery: (Alternative version of Mana Recovery) Restores 40% of mana of an ally. If the core skill [Forest Keeper] is active restores some energy of an ally.

lv 28) Ignite: Inflicts a periodic damage to an enemy every 2 seconds over 10 seconds. When used on other players the cooldown is increased by 12 seconds, but reduces enemy's energy (or mana) every 2 seconds. If the core skill [The Beast Within] is active, increases the amount of periodic damage to an enemy.

lv 30) Wildlife: Makes party members invulnerable, but they can't move or attack. If the core skill [Forest Keeper] is active, an invulnerable ally can move or reduces the skill cooldown by 30%. (Need more info about this skill)

lv 32) Mana Burn: Consumes Enemy's mana by 12,5% over a period of time and also add a silence effect for 4 seconds to the enemy reducing his mana recovery by 100%.

lv 34) Purification Fountain: Summon a fountain in the selected area that removes every bleeding,poisoning and burning effects of nearby allies.

lv 36) Chain Heal: Heals up to 4 allies, but every heal is reduced by 10% for each ally. If the core skill [Forest Keeper] is active, this skill is casted immediately and also the amount of heal is not reduced for every single ally.

lv 38) Butterfly: Puts an enemy asleep.

lv 38) Butterfly Swarm: Put 5 enemies asleep in the selected area.

lv 40) Wind Energy: By concentrating the power of winds, restores nearby allies' energy in front of the caster.

lv 42) Quick Step: Increases party movement speed by 50% for 10 seconds.

lv 45) Efflorescence: While this skill is active increases party members' critical chance by 30% in a 20m radius, mana is continously consumed until the skill is deactived or caster's mana is depleted.

lv 45) Willow Storm: Inflicts damage on an enemy, if used on other players inflicts 10% of enemy's current health as damage.

lv 45) Wave Shield: Increases physical and magical armor by 30% for party members in 20m radius, mana is continously consumed until the skill is deactivated or caster's mana is depleted.

lv 45) Renewal Wave: Immediately restores 20% of caster's health.

lv 47) Storm: Inflcts periodic damage to an enemy every 2 seconds for 10 seconds and reduces enemy's magical armor by 20%. The duration of each cycle is increased by 1 second.

lv 49) Blood Blisters: Inflicts a periodic damage every 3 seconds over 15 seconds and reduces enemy's movement speed

Rapid Flow: Reduces party members' cooldown by 20% and last 20 seconds.

PASSIVE SKILLS: Work in Progress

The post was edited 32 times, last by vegax87 ().

• love the mystic, love the effort put into this thread
      but their icon looks ugly af doesn't even look like a staff lol
      :blesshaha:
      also what the heck why can't pantera be mystics? not that i want one but i assumed it was mirrored for the lupus :blesscuriosity:

also you might wanna inclue their auto attack [Hawk Wind/breeze] in the main skills
      but great work thus far! :blessthumb:
      my squad going into pvp :3
    • I've added the basic chain skill, anyway I don't know why Panteras can't be Mystic, maybe they wanted to buff Hieron since it's the underpopulated faction or Panteras Mystics will be included in the next patches..
    • DiRaven wrote:

vegax87 wrote:

I've added the basic chain skill, anyway I don't know why Panteras can't be Mystic, maybe they wanted to buff Hieron since it's the underpopulated faction or Panteras Mystics will be included in the next patches..
      Same reason Wolves can't be assassins obviously. =)
      lupus can't be assassin? i never pay attention to the fur races so i don't really care but that's strange
    • Puremystic wrote:

DiRaven wrote:

vegax87 wrote:

I've added the basic chain skill, anyway I don't know why Panteras can't be Mystic, maybe they wanted to buff Hieron since it's the underpopulated faction or Panteras Mystics will be included in the next patches..
      Same reason Wolves can't be assassins obviously. =)
      lupus can't be assassin? i never pay attention to the fur races so i don't really care but that's strange
      I'm in Hieron and, yes, lupus can't be assassin. And now I just figured out panteras can be assassin.
      I guess I'm glad lupus can be mystics too...
    • Wait.... Pantera can't be mystic? That doesn't make sense with the original description of the class. Pantera and Siren are specifically mentioned.

"The origins of spirit summoning Mystics is still a mystery.
      Mystics are able to temporarily summon spirits of various properties, harnessing the pure energy of nature. The spirits can attack, defend, heal, and offers balance in all things. Since they require a focus, each spirit can only do one thing at a time. In this way, Mystics require strategic judgement to know which spirit to summon and when.Mystic traditions pre-exist academic knowledge, but are found primarily among the older species. The systemic evolution of Mystics came out with Elven technology, though communication with spirits is something native to the Pantera. Even Sirens can commune with nature spirits as part of their faith."
    • Neviana wrote:

Wait.... Pantera can't be mystic? That doesn't make sense with the original description of the class. Pantera and Siren are specifically mentioned.

"The origins of spirit summoning Mystics is still a mystery.
      Mystics are able to temporarily summon spirits of various properties, harnessing the pure energy of nature. The spirits can attack, defend, heal, and offers balance in all things. Since they require a focus, each spirit can only do one thing at a time. In this way, Mystics require strategic judgement to know which spirit to summon and when.Mystic traditions pre-exist academic knowledge, but are found primarily among the older species. The systemic evolution of Mystics came out with Elven technology, though communication with spirits is something native to the Pantera. Even Sirens can commune with nature spirits as part of their faith."
      You can view the available races under
      플레이 가능 종족
      section: bless.pmang.com/index.nwz?mKey=2&sKey=2#guide/detail/365
    • thanks for the update - good work so far.

However some skills are clearly not at the right level. Pretty strange for neowiz to mess the skills up xD

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nito ().

• otinane wrote:

It seems that they have created a "must to have" class in any situation PvE/PvP party.

I'm really worried what will be the fate of Paladin from now on.

well I'm not sure how the Mystic will play itself in a group. But so far I think that Paladin holds itself as Protective Healer while Mystic is more of a Supportive Healer.

I mean Paladin has lots of safety spells as well as direct heals.
      Mystic relies on HoT's which I find a bit lacking in healing ability. (Of course this can vary later on a probably will).

Paladins have a nice set of damage mitigation while Mystic supports the Offensive ability.

Also Paladins have way more survivabilty than the Mystic if for example you get targeted somehow (tank loses aggro for example).

Mystics get a nice group invulnerability skill but not sure if that cuts the case. Sure Mystic can add a good portion of DPS I guess but still - I doubt a Mystic can replace a Paladin when it comes down to healing Main-Targets while the group does its thing.

Guess it's a matter of group composition, group organisation and overall the skill level of the group.

As for PVP - I guess Mystic will be a must have though, yes.
    • Mystic will not be viable in 5-man dungeons unless your team is well geared
      basically they could almost do it 4-man without the Mystic
      Mystic is really meant for the 10-man new dungeon....

Paladin is honestly the only go-to healer for 5-man and yes mystic dies fast, i can't imagine doing Black Tower without a Paladin
      The aoes alone would kill the Mystic and their aoe heals just aren't THAT strong in those kind of situations...
      Sure they have some damage mitigation and defensive buffs but that does not replace a Paladin

TL;DR Mystic sucks/risky in 5-man but useful in 10-man dungeon
    • Mystic is similar to a damage mitigator\backup healer like Chanter in Aion, his role is to keep Paladin alive and use some AoE heals, mass resurrect or group invincibility (Wildlife) in emergency situations, however don't underestimate the power of Forest Keeper core skill, Mystic can provide very powerful buffs with it.
    • well I have run my first dungeons and have to say (while knowing what the higher dungeons offer) that Mystic can heal as stand alone healer and to be honest - offers way more survivability in situation where groups were ran over with mobs due to the AoE Heals and various buffs.

However it goes well until someone suffers fatal hits as well as spike damages. And the mass invulnerability goes 1 time but after that you certainly have a hard time healing - depending on where the situation goes.

I played with a really dumb group where for example the assassin took every aoe hit he could so I just let him die. The other group was really good and if everyone plays their roles and avoids aoes the party goes really well. Will report from other dungeons later on ^^
    • Nito wrote:

well I have run my first dungeons and have to say (while knowing what the higher dungeons offer) that Mystic can heal as stand alone healer and to be honest - offers way more survivability in situation where groups were ran over with mobs due to the AoE Heals and various buffs.

However it goes well until someone suffers fatal hits as well as spike damages. And the mass invulnerability goes 1 time but after that you certainly have a hard time healing - depending on where the situation goes.

I played with a really dumb group where for example the assassin took every aoe hit he could so I just let him die. The other group was really good and if everyone plays their roles and avoids aoes the party goes really well. Will report from other dungeons later on ^^
      could you share some video gameplay on how to play Mystic in dungeons?
    • Nito wrote:

sure thing - If I manage to get into a group which doesn't kick me immediately XD

Guess that's the Mystic class for you xD

Yeah, I always played support classes since the good old times in Lineage 2, that's why I have a natural appeal for Mystic :D
    • I have played the new class mystic, and my first opinion was , i like it =)

My favorite class in other games was like play a shaman and the mystic class i think is
      similar than my favorit ;)

But only the weapon is not so cute, i will play with shield and one hand. The Staff not Mytic for me ^^ its my personal opinion...