Steparu's flying tour of Aqua Elf floating city

• I explored that city a bit when I was playing, before I decided to wait for the western release. The video honeatly does not do that city justice. The city is gorgeous and the scale of everything is awe inspiring. At least to me. That is one thing that I find lacking in MMOs of today. Nothing feels "epic" or "large" anymore. Well, other than WoW. They have been the only other MMO that was able to capture that essence of scale for me.
    • Very nice city indeed, although it seems to be good enough with a fliying mount but on land it seems like pretty annoying to reach places :P long walks from one place to another with different heights and levels.
      Arckam, InnerCircle, Spanish Gamer Community.
      :P <Insert random signature here>
      :P
    • New

The city looks impressive, but a floating city for Aqua Elves sounds strange. Wouldn't aqua elves want to be in underwater or shore environments? I saw a port, but imagine underwater castles and cathedrals, and consequently, underwater mounts.

For large scale cities in mmos, I'd recommend taking a look at Guildwars 2 main human cities. For epicness, Lord of the Rings Online still has something to say : )

This doesn't mean I'm not eager to see Bless cities. Videos normally don't do justice as Neviana said.
    • New

Zakarosh wrote:

The city looks impressive, but a floating city for Aqua Elves sounds strange. Wouldn't aqua elves want to be in underwater or shore environments? I saw a port, but imagine underwater castles and cathedrals, and consequently, underwater mounts.

For large scale cities in mmos, I'd recommend taking a look at Guildwars 2 main human cities. For epicness, Lord of the Rings Online still has something to say : )

This doesn't mean I'm not eager to see Bless cities. Videos normally don't do justice as Neviana said.
      The lore behind why the Aqua Elves are as such explains everything
      They were originally just Elves (Kingdom of the ElveS) who split in regards of the old traditions and wanted to think a new way, while the Sylvan Elves stuck to traditional ways of life. So a strong elven mage abandoned the Sylvan elves and moved to a coastal land mass. He was such a powerful mage he lifted the city up off the ground and made it a floating land mass. This way him and elves who thought like him could be free to think the way they want and live how they want without persecution, and prejudice, and objection from the old elven ways.

The Sirens are going to have a home city that is more to your thinking, i actually visited 2 Siren cities in the game and both have water thems, well the main city has a underwater tunnel which leads to a throne room, the other is just an abyssal cavern with coral everywhere etc.

hope this helps~! :blessthumb:
    • New

Puremystic wrote:

Zakarosh wrote:

The lore behind why the Aqua Elves are as such explains everythingThey were originally just Elves (Kingdom of the ElveS) who split in regards of the old traditions and wanted to think a new way, while the Sylvan Elves stuck to traditional ways of life. So a strong elven mage abandoned the Sylvan elves and moved to a coastal land mass. He was such a powerful mage he lifted the city up off the ground and made it a floating land mass. This way him and elves who thought like him could be free to think the way they want and live how they want without persecution, and prejudice, and objection from the old elven ways.

The Sirens are going to have a home city that is more to your thinking, i actually visited 2 Siren cities in the game and both have water thems, well the main city has a underwater tunnel which leads to a throne room, the other is just an abyssal cavern with coral everywhere etc.

hope this helps~! :blessthumb:
      Those Sirens cities sounds nice :D and about the Sylvan city, well, it doesn't look as i expected :P i'd rather see a huge tree with everything inside of it and different levels from basement to the top, etc, not just a circle of trees all together like a fence with some buildings inside :( but anyway i won't be an elf myself :P
      Arckam, InnerCircle, Spanish Gamer Community.
      :P <Insert random signature here>
      :P