[Guide] How to permamently apply the English Patch (works with other patches too)

• [Guide] How to permamently apply the English Patch (works with other patches too)

If you're like me, you may find it annoying to have your English patch constantly overwritten. But Fear not! there's a way to get around it.

NOTICE: This can potentially mess up your bless install if you do dumb stuff!

Step 1: Browse to your bless install

C:/pathtobless/bless

Look for a file called "132.dat" This file contains info on where everything is in the install, and the patcher uses it to scan and properly patch your files (if something is abnormal it overwrites it)

BACK THIS FILE UP!

Step 2: Open this file up in your favorite word processing program. (Notepad++)

Here's where things can get tricky.

In a nutshell, since this specifies what the launcher is going to look for, we change the search directory.

Since the files we want to replace are in \Localization\KOR\ do search and replace ALL with \Localization\ENG\

In reality, you can replace "KOR" with whatever you want, but MAKE SURE THAT THE CHARACTER NUMBER DOESN'T EXCEED THE ORIGINAL. IF A WORD IS 3 CHARACTERS LIKE "KOR" THE REPLACEMENT MUST BE 3 CHARACTERS LONG LIKE "RUS" or "FRN"

If unsure, just do what I did.

Once you're done, save the file.

Step 3: Browse to localization (Bless\BLGame\Localization)

Duplicate your "KOR" folder.

Rename it to be the same name as whatever you replaced "KOR" with in step 2. In my case I renamed the folder to be called "ENG"

Gratz, you set up a dummy Folder.

Now, just install the KOR folder from the English Patch (or russian or w/e) and replace everything.

CONGRATULATIONS!

If you did everything correctly, it won't overwrite your files.

If an update comes along and you need to fix your files, go ahead and restore the backed up 132.dat file (The update may overwrite it anyways)