Forum Gem Store Preview

• Forum Gem Store Preview

It is not 100% clear if we will add this feature but here's a small preview anyway:

-Every Post will be rewarded with 1 Gem
      -Every User starts from zero
      -The Gem Store unlocks at Forum Level 10
      -Gems can be used to buy Post Backgrounds (Like this one for example)
      -A background will cost around 100 Gems and lasts for 30 days
      -Gems are tradable
    • Dokanix wrote:

30 days seems a little... short? Over three posts a day for a mere background!
      promotes forum activity but also spamming so hm.... Anyway a good initial idea however the I also think it should be tweaked a bit
    • Just my opinion: Good idea, but too high priced for too short time currently. When/If the forums get to be very active then it's good, but currently I think it'd be better to lower the requirement from 100 posts to 50 posts. Either that or make each post give 2 gems. Either way, same result.
    • The problem is this could end up in a chaos when there is a thread with 50 answers and every single user has a different background. So i'd like to make it a less relevant sidefeature. The other thing is as soon as Bless becomes more popular more people will come to our forums and at some point it's not really hard to reach 100 posts a month. I think i could increase the amount of Gems in Forums like Questions and Answers tho.
    • it will get abused, guaranteed.
      if we end up getting more people around here after EU/NA release, there's a good chance that some idiot will probably flood the forums with spam and/or irrelevant replies just for the sake of having a little extra background in their posts.

i don't mind having some visual improvements as achievement or reward for "forum currency", but it needs to be thought of well.

"Rise and rise again, until lambs will become lions."
    • Fenrir wrote:

it will get abused, guaranteed.
      if we end up getting more people around here after EU/NA release, there's a good chance that some idiot will probably flood the forums with spam and/or irrelevant replies just for the sake of having a little extra background in their posts.

i don't mind having some visual improvements as achievement or reward for "forum currency", but it needs to be thought of well.
      Honestly this days everything gets abused, but that is not an excuse to introduce a new system be it in a game or here on a forum.
    Peria Chronicles