Pinned Hello from Aeria Games :)

• aye that to me is just a terrible business practice I mean I understand the release info on a need to know basis but with 9 and half months since the last post on here from aeria games. Its not good. Espicialy for me whos looking forward to bless online. As I'm hoping that it will be better then my first mmo. As I'm extremely dissatisfied with the direction blizzard has taken wow in
    • As much as I do not wish to defend them, because I do not care for their lack of communication either, it might not be entirely Aeria's fault. They may not actually have info to give us. It depends on how much localisation they're doing in house vs Neowiz. There are basically two scenarios here. One is Aeria does everything in house, knows exactly what is going on, and is just choosing not to share. The other is Neowiz has most of the power here and are telling Aeria nothing, and thus Aeria can tell us nothing. Likely it's somewhere in the middle of those two extremes.

It's frustrating either way, but unfortunately there is not much we can do. We can't make them talk to us. I just find it sad because they started off so well and then *poof*.
    • I don't know that I agree entirely.

Right now they are neglecting us.

Even if informing us is as simple as: "We can't say much, we're run into a few snags but we are working on it - please keep the faith"

The fact that they are refusing to share anything at all only reinforces the red flags. I think they are keeping this project in limbo to find out whether or not they feel they can make a sizable profit... if not, we'll eventually get a "we regret to inform you..." speech.
    • Kaincallavis wrote:

I don't know that I agree entirely.

Even if informing us is as simple as: "We can't say much, we're run into a few snags but we are working on it - please keep the faith"

The fact that they are refusing to share anything at all only reinforces the red flags. I think they are keeping this project in limbo to find out whether or not they feel they can make a sizable profit... if not, we'll eventually get a "we regret to inform you..." speech.

That's actualy not the case at all. Ive been following the thread since the beginning of may. As well as ive been looking up and researching as much info as I can. To put it bluntly here is what ive managed to find out. First off no were not being neglected. Secondly need stop thinking of it in terms of being neglected project is being put on limbo. As for the sake of profit its a free to play mmo what profit is in it other then the cash shop items? With that said to put it bluntly basically the silence we are enduring. Is because the game has been sent back for "revisions" That was specifically after the Russian beta a month / 2 months ago. The Russians complained there wasn't enough content and sent it back for "revisions" now that a Japanese beta is on going perhaps its improved. All I can say is we areant going to see a beta or a full release for the west until the game is running smoothly in the east first.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Azrakel 45 ().

• Azrakel 45 wrote:

Kaincallavis wrote:

I don't know that I agree entirely.

That's actualy not the case at all. Ive been following the thread since the beginning of may. As well as ive been looking up and researching as much info as I can. To put it bluntly here is what ive managed to find out. First off no were not being neglected. Secondly need stop thinking of it in terms of being neglected project is being put on limbo. As for the sake of profit its a free to play mmo what profit is in it other then the cash shop items? With that said to put it bluntly basically the silence we are enduring. Is because the game has been sent back for "revisions" That was specifically after the Russian beta a month / 2 months ago. The Russians complained there wasn't enough content and sent it back for "revisions" now that a Japanese beta is on going perhaps its improved. All I can say is we areant going to see a beta or a full release for the west until the game is running smoothly in the east first.

Azrakel, I appreciate your do-diligence. These are things I, and I suspect Nayukhuut and several others also found out when doing a little perusing through google search, reddit forums, and Aeria forums - as well as potentially using the google translate function to search some of the korean and russian forums.

However, you may not realize this but Aeria games has one business model... Their entire model is to grab games from the east and publish them in the west (NA / EU). They are based in Berlin. And they have failed to launch more than a handful of games in the past and they've had quite a few games that amazingly under-whelming launches that follow a pattern similar to this game launch.

I am hopeful. But I am also realistic.
      Soldier front 2 (special force 2 rebranded) was a pretty good example.
      In the public wiki concerning Aeria games there is a list of over 2 dozen games that are no longer published by Aeria games. Many of which either suffered from underwhelming launches or never got off the ground.

Anyway, I am keeping my chin up and remaining hopeful, because I would really like to see this game go live... But the fact is, it is naive.

Your assumption that we aren't going to see much until Aeria know how well it is going in the East is likely very accurate. The problem is, that might be the exact reason why we are not hearing anything... Chances are, they are deciding, based on the progress and popularity in the east whether or not to dedicate more man power and resources to the project.

Their entire business model is to size up eastern games, mostly free to play games and turn a profit on them in the west.
      The fact that Bless has closed all but one of its servers in the country it was developed in and closed entirely in Russia under the pretense of revision is shooting massive red flags for Aeria Games.

From a business perspective that is fine - no one can logically fault a company for looking after its own financial interests. That is called being a responsible business.

However, the lack of communication is where they insult their customers. They prefer leaving us in the dark as opposed to honesty because the reality is that honesty may scare away from of their potential patrons. So they are valuing their potential profits over us.
    • Nayukhuut wrote:

Oh, hehe.. no worries. I didn't think it was derogatory at all. I should have been more clear myself. While I do not feel we've been lied to per se, I also do not think that they have kept up with the spirit of what they initially promised. I completely understand your frustration, and am right there with you. :(

I'm especially worried as some of the MMOs coming in 2018ish would create a serious competition for Bless. Bless is meant to engage the Western markets, and people are eager because we so rarely see new Western style mmos(I know Bless is Korean, but it plays more like a Western MMO). Unfortunately, there are many in various degrees of completion that WILL engage the Western and European playerbases... and I do not think it would be a good time for Aeria to try and compete with them for players. You want an example? Look at the Ashes of Creation Kickstarter... yikes. Ideally, I would like Bless to come out before them so that it can get the playerbase and the chance it deserves without having to directly compete with the likes of Ashes, Pantheon, etc.
      Totally agree. They should hurry because all the hype is going to move to Ashes of creation, Lost Ark and Pantheon, etc as the time pass and those games will be closer to an open beta. For ashes of creation is still a long time to wait but time pass fast.
      I hear that Bless in Japan cbt showed some improvements in the action combat and some other things that gives me some hopes that the NA/EU version is closer. Hope they hurry.
    • Korealer wrote:

combat is still the same in japan. The skill window and other windows/UI are different. But combat wise, its still the same feel.
      I have to be honest, I do not think combat itself was all that terrible, though I only did PvE so I can't say for the PvP side of things. The only thing I really didn't like was the finicky targeting system. It seemed like no matter which control input you used, making sure you were hitting what you wanted to be hitting was a pain in the arse at times.
    • Nayukhuut wrote:

Korealer wrote:

combat is still the same in japan. The skill window and other windows/UI are different. But combat wise, its still the same feel.
      I have to be honest, I do not think combat itself was all that terrible, though I only did PvE so I can't say for the PvP side of things. The only thing I really didn't like was the finicky targeting system. It seemed like no matter which control input you used, making sure you were hitting what you wanted to be hitting was a pain in the arse at times.
      What worked for me was turning off Auto-target in the settings. After i did that, it was just normal tab-targeting mode where i can just tab to whatever target i wanted (or even click for that matter if you wanted lol)

PvP is fine. People are just wanting more action combat in games, because people feel that tab targeting is "old-school". I dont think that way at all, but i am just saying what many others would say.
    • Korealer wrote:

Nayukhuut wrote:

Korealer wrote:

What worked for me was turning off Auto-target in the settings. After i did that, it was just normal tab-targeting mode where i can just tab to whatever target i wanted (or even click for that matter if you wanted lol)
      PvP is fine. People are just wanting more action combat in games, because people feel that tab targeting is "old-school". I dont think that way at all, but i am just saying what many others would say.
      Action combat was also way TOO sensitive (in RU). If you have 2 or more mobs close to each other, you often attack one mob and in the middle of the fight the target change to the other mob just because you scarcely move the mouse. I had to change it to target system to play with my mage.
    • Been watching more videos for bless online the combat dosent look to bad looks pretty awesome to me. And wont be much of a bother. I just hope the auto path they added will be eathier Optional or there will be a way to disable it
    • Azrakel 45 wrote:

Been watching more videos for bless online the combat dosent look to bad looks pretty awesome to me. And wont be much of a bother. I just hope the auto path they added will be eathier Optional or there will be a way to disable it
      its optional. You just create the auto path on your map when you press "M".
    • Korealer wrote:

Azrakel 45 wrote:

Been watching more videos for bless online the combat dosent look to bad looks pretty awesome to me. And wont be much of a bother. I just hope the auto path they added will be eathier Optional or there will be a way to disable it
      its optional. You just create the auto path on your map when you press "M".
      that's good to know ty for the info
    • Azrakel 45 wrote:

while I'm at it ive been meaning to ask does the game feature racials like wow does? or no and is the ibils race available yet I haven't seen much videos featuring ibils yet
      if you mean specific race stats, then no. there isnt anything like that in bless.

As for Iblis, that race is not out yet in korea.
    Peria Chronicles