50 year old MMO Veteran - my wishes, desires

• 50 year old MMO Veteran - my wishes, desires

Hello all.

I am new here, just signed up today. I've been following Bless Online for a while now, I consider myself an MMO aficionado.

I started playing games at an early age, my first console was an Atari 2600. I started PC gaming back in the early nineties - DOOM broke my cherry. My first MMO was EverQuest 1 in 1999. Ever since EQ I have played extensively, beta tested, checked out trials for, well over 50 MMOs. You name the MMO and I have probably played it, or heard of it.

I have high hopes for Bless Online. I love the art style and character models of Korean MMOs, but there are also aspects about them that I despise.

* Open PVP. I love PVP, I just hate open PVP, I understand the adrenaline rush of open-world PVP but more often then not it's usually just griefing. I prefer PVP'ing on an equal playing field; 10v10, 40v40, etc., NOT 5v1. When I want to craft, collect mats and explore - I want to craft, collect mats and explore. When I want to dungeon crawl, PVE or just chill - that is what I want to do. Don't force PVP on me, as a 50 year old gamer I tend to play at the end of a long day, and I'm almost always solo 100% of the time. I hate being ganked over and over again, its not fun. Please Neowiz - please provide consensual PVP, or a PVE server with battlegrounds, etc.

* Gender locking - please, no, just no. When I roleplay, I want to play a role that I cannot, and probably will never be able to play that role in real life. I never desire to be a woman. Sorry, that's how I feel. My best friend constantly plays female characters, he has his reasons, cool, I respect that. But I when I play a medieval MMO I fantasize that I am Aragorn, Drizzt or Legolas - not Eowyn or Arwen. I am so happy to hear that Bless Online is NOT gender locked. I passed over Black Desert Online for that very reason, silly I know.

* Pay to win MMOs. Ugh, ArcheAge (AA) anyone? AA had so much potential. I'd rather pay a subscription fee then be subjected to whales ruining PVP, and one-shotting me, not because their skills are superior to mine, its just that they spent more money on cash shop items. Again, put me on an equal playing field, I welcome competition.

I'm looking forward to hearing and learning more about Bless Online. Thank you for having me.
    • Trimethicon wrote:

Hello all.

I am new here, just signed up today. I've been following Bless Online for a while now, I consider myself an MMO aficionado.

I started playing games at an early age, my first console was an Atari 2600. I started PC gaming back in the early nineties - DOOM broke my cherry. My first MMO was EverQuest 1 in 1999. Ever since EQ I have played extensively, beta tested, checked out trials for, well over 50 MMOs. You name the MMO and I have probably played it, or heard of it.

I have high hopes for Bless Online. I love the art style and character models of Korean MMOs, but there are also aspects about them that I despise.

* Open PVP. I love PVP, I just hate open PVP, I understand the adrenaline rush of open-world PVP but more often then not it's usually just griefing. I prefer PVP'ing on an equal playing field; 10v10, 40v40, etc., NOT 5v1. When I want to craft, collect mats and explore - I want to craft, collect mats and explore. When I want to dungeon crawl, PVE or just chill - that is what I want to do. Don't force PVP on me, as a 50 year old gamer I tend to play at the end of a long day, and I'm almost always solo 100% of the time. I hate being ganked over and over again, its not fun. Please Neowiz - please provide consensual PVP, or a PVE server with battlegrounds, etc.

* Gender locking - please, no, just no. When I roleplay, I want to play a role that I cannot, and probably will never be able to play that role in real life. I never desire to be a woman. Sorry, that's how I feel. My best friend constantly plays female characters, he has his reasons, cool, I respect that. But I when I play a medieval MMO I fantasize that I am Aragorn, Drizzt or Legolas - not Eowyn or Arwen. I am so happy to hear that Bless Online is NOT gender locked. I passed over Black Desert Online for that very reason, silly I know.

* Pay to win MMOs. Ugh, ArcheAge (AA) anyone? AA had so much potential. I'd rather pay a subscription fee then be subjected to whales ruining PVP, and one-shotting me, not because their skills are superior to mine, its just that they spent more money on cash shop items. Again, put me on an equal playing field, I welcome competition.

I'm looking forward to hearing and learning more about Bless Online. Thank you for having me.

Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome

welcome grandpa
    • LOL! Thank you! I'm not that old, my oldest child, my son, is 22, so I'm not a grandpa yet, please don't jinx me you young whipper-snapper =).

Fortunately I've always had great hand/eye coordination, its from years from playing sports, so I still kick ass in MMOs and FPS online shooters.
    • Welcome. o/
      I agree with you about gender locking and p2w (but who does love pay to win?). Not sure about open world PvP since it could be fun, but I'm used to play alone too, fortunately Bless gives away a good amount of Lumena and peace declarations and there aren't many korean players online due to time zones (at least for me, since I'm european), so you can just keep an eye around you and use a peace declaration if you see any red name character.

Anyway, I smiled a bit reding your introduction since we're quite opposite kind of players experience-wise. :D I'm 17 y/o without much experience in MMO's and the very few I've played are kind of bad and not worth mentioning at all.

Hope to see you ingame or around in the forum~
    • Trimethicon wrote:

But I when I play a medieval MMO I fantasize that I am Aragorn, Drizzt or Legolas - not Eowyn or Arwen. [...] I passed over Black Desert Online for [the gender locking] reason, silly I know.

When I play any MMO (medieval or not) I fantasize I'm Ratchet, Ratatoskr, Sly Cooper, Klonoa, you get the picture. I have passed on a lot of MMO's (including Black Desert as well) because they didn't include absolutely any playable race besides humans or human like things (I consider anything from the standard MMO High Elf to FFXIV's Roegadyn to be far too human like). Needless to say I will always play as Mascus in Bless.

My point is that your passing Black Desert for that reason isn't silly at all. If someone just cannot like/relate/etc to the character they have to play as, then the game just won't be any good.
    • Welcome~!
      Just touching on the pvp... most people at least on the korean server DO NOT open world pvp
      I have ran into so many of the enemy faction while doing quests in neutral territory zones/ no npcs to save you
      They have never fought me... except one guy who was a tank... need i say more? You know how those guys are
      anyway idk about when it releases to the west but most people here do not mind the enemy faction.

When it comes to EU/NA expcet 12 year olds ganging up with their friends because it's "cool" lol