@the guys who play in korea

• @the guys who play in korea

Hey,

i didnt track everything of Bless so i try to keep up atm.
      steparu.com/latest-news/2040-b…with-another-server-merge
      here you can read Bless is kinda dying in korea.
      they release it here in the west to cashcow it like the other recent f2p mmos (hi bns)
      but i wonder why does bless fail so badly in korea.
      i know they are faster with merges and even shutdown server but some explaination would be cool if you dont mind.
    • try not to get emotinal, sorry if I wrote my post offensive.
      i compared bns not with the success, but with the cashcowmarketing.
      i knew its the second merge,i can read even if this isnt my native language.
      i want to know why bless is dying there. lack of content, gamebreaking failpatches, combatsystem, etc.
      unfortunately you forgot that :/
    • shinn wrote:

try not to get emotinal, sorry if I wrote my post offensive.
      i compared bns not with the success, but with the cashcowmarketing.
      i knew its the second merge,i can read even if this isnt my native language.
      i want to know why bless is dying there. lack of content, gamebreaking failpatches, combatsystem, etc.
      unfortunately you forgot that :/

Sorry about my previous reply.
      Lack of end-game content mostly. There's really none unless you enjoy open-world PvP a whole lot.
    • I read that article as well... as I said somewhere else Bless is an "inbetweener" for me not bad enough to just steer clear form it but neither interesting enough to make me want to play it 100%.
      I'm wating to see how the western publisher do things here. Right now I'm 60-40 in favor of playing (mostly tho because the community here on Bless-Source is good). I'll make my final decision as soon as we know more from them and also as soon as we get news about the future develpoment of the game in Korea.

I think that the biggest strenght of Bless are the graphic and the lore. Imho during the semi-hiatus they took in 2015-2016 they should have swaped to the UE4 that was released in the same year, I heard that the game run more smothly than other games on UE3 (like TERA or B&S) but still has a lot of issues graphic-wise, no SLI/CrossFire support among other things.

The crafting system is evidently incomplete, the combat system is neither fish nor fowl they went for an hybrid system that many feel unconfortable with... dungeons are poorly made with bosses that kill you without you even noticing what happened (many are dropping dungeons all togheter).

They locked classes to some races most probably perhaps cause they do not have made the animations for those.

I have the feeling that this game is just incomplete, wonderful but incomplete... they are fucking up an amazing game to rush things up, probabily they wasted too many money, dunno... if I was the one in charge I would just say I'm sorry, take another year or so, and deliver a complete game.

Bless can really be one of the best mmos ever but if delivered as it is right now I fear is going to be another cash-grab, like all the other recent KR games, delivered incomplete with an exploitable cash shop that will last a couple of years and disapear...

The post was edited 4 times, last by mmo_geezer ().

• Well... I dont understand, cause our server is far from being empty. They released the game with a lot of basic features missing, like hide helmet option and link items to the chat for example. They are implementing these things slowly, but they are doing it. The game's still on lv45 cap, and they already made the campaign quests to lv 70. Iblis and Fedaying are coming, along with mystic. There's a lot of things to do when you reach lv45, PVE Arena, PVP arena, Dungeons, Sieges and Padana (PVP + PVE). We need to accept that Korea primary market now is mobile, I dont think any MMO could stay with 10 servers up, the times have changed and so did the market.
    • Symeria summed it up pretty well, it's to early to kill the game, remember that it's still a beta and it's very incomplete, it's missing a lot of small things and critical things that are on the way and probably even the current endgame isn't even the same endgame that we will see at higher levels that are to come.

Anyways 16 servers were a lot for a beta, and maybe 10 too, but even with that I don't understand this macro merge either, our server has a lot of people, in fact going to basel gorge on prime time isn't even worth it because there is so many people that your chances to get anything are really low, so it doesn't make sense to merge it with another 4.

I think that Neowiz is just trying to stack up a lot of people per server since the game encourages big guilds of at least 100 people each to fight for territories, the last update to basel gorge 3 days ago makes me even think more of that, they like tripled the boss spawns in that area and now it can hold more people, to me this change looked like if they were preparing that area to hold more people.

Also I think that in the west we take merges differently than on east, but to be honest, i prefer to be merged a month after the launch, specially in a game like this that the only thing you may lose is the name for now, than having to wait for hours in queue to play during a couple of weeks/months.

P.S. Symeria change your server name, you are outdated paco :P
    • well according to gamenote.com/rank_ongame/index…_mode=weekly&genre=MMORPG

Bless is currently at rank 67 and pretty much maintained that position through several weeks. In comparison Asker wasn't even part of the list. Well not saying the game is doing particular well but it isn't dying either.
    • The game is ok. Bless faced the same problem EVERY game had at start... too many servers due to expectations... the merges is just a way to stack up the population into "enough" servers instead of spread it all the way around with 50 servers...

BryanFury - Leader | Clan Website | Clan Forum | Clan Facebook Page |
    • Yeah I think the reason why it is dying is because there is lots of people who don't like the combat or just cause there isn't really much to do at endgame. But again lvl 45 is not supposed to be the endgame. I just think they released the game on OBT too early. Like GuiltyCrown guild died in less than 1 month since people hit max lvl and there wasn't anything to do. And I quit because there wasn't enough people to do any content anymore :P.
    • The reason because we mostly quit is because the game is in "Kr mode on".

I'm pretty sure once it hit our zones it wil be more populated and livelly than the Kr ones...

• It's impossible to keep 100% of players who came testing the game at beginning.
      There are always some who don't like this or that or stop for irl reasons.

As said above, if you want to make great 100vs100 you need concentrated players on each server.

Since the game come here, they will introduce more and more stuff in the game. Well, we will have a better beginning compared with Kr version I thing (and I hope).
      Let's stay positive for the future :S
    • it's the same thing we talked about in the shoutbox a couple days ago.

when you have 10, or even 16 servers, you can't pretend to have them all always full capacity.

they reduced them from 10 to the current amount( can't remember if it's 4, or 2, or whatever ), so al long as they're full, or at least half of their maximum capacity, things will be fine.

2~4 servers are more than enough in order to have a decent amount of players around.
      with 2k+ people online, you can already play smoothly without having too much server lag during "massive" events. problems start to show up when there's around 5k people or more.
      lowering the graphic resolution helps as well, of course, but that's not the point here.

"Rise and rise again, until lambs will become lions."
    • Fenrir wrote:

when you have 10, or even 16 servers, you can't pretend to have them all always full capacity
      Plus to that, there is another IMPORTANT factor we didn't took in mind. We are talking about a game that is "technically" Korea Only. This mean that the population is REALLY small, compared to the ammount we will see when it goes "global".

Peria Chronicles