If I could I would change this...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More details

• If I could I would change this...

I see that the core of the community here on Bless-Source is composed of really nice people, at least compared to other mmos I have played in the past :P .
      Among other things seeing this is making me want to play this game.

I got to know about Bless really early thanks to a Korean guy I met online. Truth to be told, what made me fall in love with this game was pretty superficial, it was the astonishing graphic (felt really close to the FFXIV 1.0 one, that I loved)...
      the details of the world, the night and day cicle, the really good skills' animation.
      Overall tho for me the game is kind of an "inbetweener" not so bad to be ignored but neither so good to make it a sure catch.

I'm going in the direction of the utopian, what-if TL;DR post... be warned XD

CRAFTING SYSTEM:

If I could I would change the crafting system altogether but even if just some of the points that follow are going to be changed will be great:
      • No full gear drop ATT ALL, let mobs and bosses drop mats
      • No separation between PvP and PvE gear
      • Make recipe feel realistic, no tokens or other stuff like that to craft please. I want my steal shield be made from steal not from a random refined ore!
      Those are the more feasible and realistic changes that could be made but in future patches I would like to see a crafting process revamped and made more FFXIV-ish, Wildstar-ish so to speak.

CLASSES SYSTEM:

Just a premise, even tho I do not role play I get attached to my character and being forced to switch avatar to change class has always been a pain for me, an immersion breaker.

Now a specification I'll call multi-classing a system like the one in FFXIV (1.0 at the very beginning) where you change your tool/weapon and you change your class on the same character keeping the progresses separated.
      I will refer instead to cross-classing to systems like Archage, Rift et alike where you can match different single classes to make more complex ones.

I would love to have in Bless a multi-classing system, doing that won't hurt anyone: you will be still free to make more avatars and for each a different class but will also make happy people like me :D

If they will ever listen to my pledge and change it in the future with already "progressed" characters they should allow you to choose one of your avatar merging with it the others keeping the chosen one appearance, achievements, history and so on. It wouldn't be so hard to implement code-wise.

COMBAT SYSTEM:

Cannot talk about it cause never tried first hand and even if I tried it with the KR ping it would give a biased feedback... I'll edit or repost later on when the game reach our shores!

That's all folks I want to hear what you think now, tell if I'm just crazy or you agree to some extent
      :P

Post was edited 1 time, last by mmo_geezer ().

• "I would love to have in Bless a multi-classing system," thats why i did quit all these games :3 i hate this system even if it could be comfortable like in skyforge it was. but at least im not a fan of this system. but they could change that system between class/race combos so that every race can play any class you want- that would make me happpy ^^ to see and get aqua elfes as mystik *.*
    • About the multi-class system, Bless is ALREADY this way. With the same character you can have 3 assets (called CORES), each with his own unique bonuses, pro and cons and the assets are freely switchable ingame, the switch require only 5s to be made (you must do it out of combat)

BryanFury - Leader | Clan Website | Clan Forum | Clan Facebook Page |
    • It's always nice to dream ... but at this point in time I don't see either Aeria or the makers of Bless making huge, game-changing ... er, changes just to please a few people. (Even if I'd prefer they did. I mean, we all know how to make the world a better place, right?)

But to me the class-changing mechanic was always more immersion breaking than a single character per class. Why would a paladin suddenly turn into a mystic and then a 'zerker and then a mage? IC - or IG? - it makes no sense.

As for the race lock ... yeah, I'd like to see that done away with, too. But it fits the lore they've given their game so we'll just have to accept it. And grumble about it.

I do, however, like this point (SIC):

mmo_geezer wrote:

• Make recipe feel realistic, no tokens or other stuff like that to craft please. I want my steal shield be made from steal not from a random refined ore!

That's always been a nit-pick of mine, too.
    • Aqua wrote:

"I would love to have in Bless a multi-classing system," thats why i did quit all these games :3 i hate this system even if it could be comfortable like in skyforge it was. but at least im not a fan of this system. but they could change that system between class/race combos so that every race can play any class you want- that would make me happpy ^^ to see and get aqua elfes as mystik *.*

I do not know if you didn't get what I said or it is me that is not getting what you said... for what I know classes are neither faction neither race locked, only races are faction locked for obvious reasons.
      You should be able to play any class with any race, Take this with a grain of salt tho cause I never played the game myself.
      It seems I was wrong, right now only "humans" (
      Amistad and Habichts) and Mascu seem to have access to all classes (except for Warlock and Mystic that seem to be locked for every race during beta, source in the video below) [edit]

What I'm talking about is being able to change your class on the same character: let say you make your beloved mystik Aqua Elf and later on you want to try a new class, like the Paladin, you must leave you Aqua Elf and create a new character.
      Imo is doing so just stupid and break the connection with your avatar. It would be way better to just swap weapons on the same character and so change class.

Bryan
      Fury wrote:

About
      the multi-class system, Bless is ALREADY this way. With the same
      character you can have 3 assets (called CORES), each with his own unique
      bonuses, pro and cons and the assets are freely switchable ingame, the
      switch require only 5s to be made (you must do it out of combat)

Wait, what? I missed such an important info? On Bless you can have 3 classes on the very same character? I can be, let say, a Paladin, a Mage and Beserker on the same avatar?

tamberleigh wrote:

It's
      always nice to dream ... but at this point in time I don't see either
      Aeria or the makers of Bless making huge, game-changing ... er, changes
      just to please a few people. (Even if I'd prefer they did. I mean, we
      all know how to make the world a better place, right?)

But to me
      the class-changing mechanic was always more immersion breaking than a
      single character per class. Why would a paladin suddenly turn into a
      mystic and then a 'zerker and then a mage? IC - or IG? - it makes no
      sense.

As for the race lock ... yeah, I'd like to see that done
      away with, too. But it fits the lore they've given their game so we'll
      just have to accept it. And grumble about it.

You can always change your mind it is all about freedom... is like saying that an accountant that get sick of his job cannot escape to some caribbean island opening a bar and sell alcohol on the beach, it is all about your immagination.

However I'm both talking hypothetically but also looking on the far away horizon, things can be changed a lot, we are in OBT in Korea
      [edit: thanks tamberleigh] .

Post was edited 13 times, last by mmo_geezer ().

• About the gear:

I think many high level equipment sets are only available via materials, only a few are dropped by bosses (not sure about it) though getting the materials should be faster than hoping for a drop.

Also there shouldn't be any difference between the PvE and PvP equipment. I mean they have the same stats and effect or did they change this? (Not sure whether government equipment has any beneficial stats like damage against players/npcs + X% or something like that. )

About the multi-class system:

First - the only way to implement it would be like FF XVI or Skyforge - whenever you switch your weapon/class you will switch to the respective class/weapon (since the armor choice isn't class locked).
      Any multi-class systems like ArcheAge where you mix different skill traits to one skill build isn't working here or more likely, you already have three sub-classes in 1 main class. Not really that the most skills are that much different from each core but some are sure very different depending on your active core skill.

Also for me - I'd like to stick with 1 main class at 1 character and make different characters for different roles but that's just me...

If I could change something it would be:

The pet system - add more boss pets to the pet/mount/servant pool and also add more effects on the pets and mounts.

The crafting system - add a little more realism (steel shield made out of steal, etc.)

More PvP engagement - add functions like bounty hunting (placed on enemy guilds, players), etc. as Government option in order to introduce more open world pvp.

Get rid of world boss instances and spawn them into the open world.

Add more weight to player actions and add more player possibilities like if you are a certain PvP Rank you have benefits like reduced travel cost, reduced NPC costs, interaction with friendly npcs, ability to highlight hot spots to friendly players (guild, raid, group)
    • mmogeezer wrote:

(...)

Bryan
      Fury wrote:

About

Wait, what? I missed such an important info? On Bless you can have 3 classes on the very same character? I can be, let say, a Paladin, a Mage and Beserker on the same avatar?

(...)

Paladin has three core skills: Paladin (Tank), Priest (Healer), Judge (DD).
      Paladin focuses on tanky and damage mitigation abilities whiel Priests focus on healing abilities and support and Judge focuses on dealing a little more damage than the Paladin spec but also will suffer more damage.

You won't see someone running around as Berserker, Paladin and Mage but you will see Paladins which change their skillset to Priest for example because they switch their core skills.

It's not a multi-class system like ArcheAge for example and the skills of the class only changes to to match the current Core Skill (Core aspect). A healer needs healing bless - so some Paladin skills change their effect while Priest is active (for example Self heal over time to heal over time, damage skill to heal spell, etc.).

Edit - see below ^^

Post was edited 1 time, last by Nito ().

• mmo_geezer wrote:

Bryan Fury wrote:

About

No, wait you are misunderstanding...

EACH character does have 3 CLASS cores. Each core have his specify function.

Example, the PALADIN can be an Offensive Warrior, a Healer with some DD magic spells and a OffTank (Just remember to me that the main tank is the Guardian).

You can't have an Archer on the same character that is a Paladin or whatever the class is. The classes are unique for each character BUT each one does have 3 cores with different functions (Another example is the Archer, with the core Archer Full DD/Trapper/Speed Attacker with less DD)

• Nito wrote:

About the multi-class system:

First - the only way to implement it would be like FF XVI or Skyforge - whenever you switch your weapon/class you will switch to the respective class/weapon (since the armor choice isn't class locked).
      Any multi-class systems like ArcheAge where you mix different skill traits to one skill build isn't working here or more likely, you already have three sub-classes in 1 main class. Not really that the most skills are that much different from each core but some are sure very different depending on your active core skill.

I think I created a bit of confusion talking about multi-claasing and cross-classing; I just specified what are the differences for me and yes what I would like to see is a system like the one in FFXIV that is not easy to do but feasible.

Nito wrote:

Also for me - I'd like to stick with 1 main class at 1 character and make different characters for different roles but that's just me...

That's exactly my point with a multi-claasing system you give me the freedom to have on the same character more classes without taking away your possibility to make many character with each a different class.

Bryan Fury wrote:

EACH character does have 3 CLASS cores. Each core have his specify function.

Example, the PALADIN can be an Offensive Warrior, a Healer with some DD magic spells and a OffTank (Just remember to me that the main tank is the Guardian).

You can't have an Archer on the same character that is a Paladin or whatever the class is. The classes are unique for each character BUT each one does have 3 cores with different functions (Another example is the Archer, with the core Archer Full DD/Trapper/Speed Attacker with less DD)

Ok, nice to know tho. What I was referring is a system in wich you change your weapon and you change class.

Btw I usually solve this "problem" levelling at the same time 2 or more classes doing the very same stuff with each one and of course also making each character with the very same appearance... kind of grindy but the only good compromise I came up with XD

Post was edited 1 time, last by mmo_geezer ().

• mmo_geezer wrote:

However I'm both talking hypothetically but also looking on the far away horizon, things can be changed a lot, we are still in CBT even in Korea.

Er ... isn't it in open beta in Korea?

That's why it's only us dreaming to think about the things we'd like them to change in the base game.

But yes, Nito, I'd love more pet chnages. Like looting ... I hate auto loot. :/
    • tamberleigh wrote:

Er ... isn't it in open beta in Korea?

Yes, thanks... edited and added the most recent video I could find about classes. From what I see only elv-ish races and beasts races (Pantera and Lupus) have some classes locked, expecially the latter have only 3 available classes while the elv-ish ones have only the Berserker locked (Warlock and Mystic seem to be locked for all classes during beta).
    • I'm late to the party, but a reply to this post required more thinking :saint:

Let's see... things i would change:

Instanced world bosses:

Probably the most broken and in need of a fix feature of the game right now, it reached the point that no one ever goes there anymore, from the usual 200-400 people to 20-30 people per boss on weekends...

They are very bugged, for saying anything, their attacks are deadly if you don't avoid them and the majority of times they won't even load so you just die and don't even see what killed you or it loads when you are well dead, I wouldn't say its just for outsiders because when they do attacks like this tons of people die at the same time, koreans included.

For this they are more like a zombie fest: enter > hit > die > enter > die > enter > hit > die > enter > hit > die > enter > die > enter > die > enter > die, etc... The amount of times you can die in some of them, specially in the golem is ridiculous, and death doesn't even have consecuence, people respawns, ghot walks 10 seconds and repeat. No skill or anything required, just a bunch of zombies.

Rewards are too easy to get I guess, if you can attent every day, if not it can take a while, you can get the full set of BiS accessories in 3 weeks if you can attend at least 5 days a week, I think this is the main reason for what everyone stopped doing them now.

I don't even know from where to take this, it needs a serious revamp.

Crafting system:

-Specializations: Currently there are two only divisions, crafting skill and gathering skill, we need more ramifications like alchemy, cooking, armorcrafting, mining, gathering, etc... Currently I can level up my skill crafting thousands of potions and then use my high level crafting skill to craft high level armor that I never "learned" to craft 8|

-Revamp a la FFXIV style: Very unlikely to happen, but as I said in the other post this system was awesome and got me very involved, crafting wasn't about pressing a button, being an alchemist felt like playing a paladin for example, you had your skills in your bar, your mana bar, your equipment, cross skills from other professions, etc.. It was a live system not only based on luck for HQ rates, you had to work in your craft to improve your chances and required thinking and reacting to different situations created by luck. With the option to fast-craft too for those who didn't want to get involved lively.

Would be nice to see at least the first point.

Class system:

-Remove the race lock, allow every race to play every class.

-Multi-class system: Why does anyone need to change their identity if they want to try another class? It's not unrealistic that our characters can master another weapon and learn another class. The way they implemented it on FFXIV is decent imo, more realistic than going to an npc that changes you from X to Y.

Every class has their weapons assigned and when you equip them you take the role of their class, doesn't mean that if you are a level 45 mage and you equip a sword you turn into a level 45 guardian, you have 0 experience with swords so you have to level up that class too, but if you equip your staff again you become a 45 mage again because you already mastered the staff.

Of course you can only change when you are not in combat it's different from having 3 cores that allow ou to sightly modify how your class behaves, this is also nice but it just allows more customization to each class, doesn't allow you to change to another class.

In the end this gives more life to the game imo, because more people ends having multiple classes, and some people even ends up having multiple characters with multiple classes on each. Also in a game like bless, that demands big guilds to be able to compete in territory dominions and then caps the guilds member limit, I would say this is even a must.

I would like to see at least the first point, the second point would be awesome but we can dream much :P

Combat:

-More usable skills
      -More usable skills
      -More usable skills

-Seriously, more usable skills, I love tab targeting games for the tactical combat they provide but seriously with 8 skills there is no room for tactical thinking or anything, there are too many must have skills for all the classes, and lots of other skills that we will never use because we simply don't have room for them in the skill bars without gimping ourselves, everyone runs around with the same stuff and it's too easy to predict what people will do once you identify their class, I want 4 or 5 full skill bars like in the classic tab target games. We need more food for thought.

-Bigger parties and raids, I still don't understand why we are capped to parties of 5 people still, we can't form bigger alleigances or raids, when the content itself encourages big raids to work together... Just imagine how nice would castra sieges be if we could have the 100 people divided into a big raid of 100 or two of 50, with proper communication, they would be awesome, much better than now that everyone runs like a chicken without head on its own.

-And for the love of god add the control+tab function to target other PC's, im getting crazy everytime I have to click on someone outside of my party to target him for a heal :cursing:

-Combat in water, right when you enter water you become a dummy, can't fight or do anything but swim, in some areas like the southern peninsula is even worse because there are lakes and water through the land and its abused as a safe area to escape from pvp there, if you attack someone and he goes into the water you can't do anything, just stay there looking at him.

-Naval combat, I guess im dreaming too much?! :P

-Mounted combat/aerial combat (this one is more serious, see in next point).

Mount/Pet system:

-I hate when Im running in my pet and some level 20 mob hits me dismounts and you have to kill it or walk 100m to reset it and be able to mount again :cursing:

-Drastically reduce the RNG out of the leveling/skill system of mounts and pets.
      Make the speed and the mounting time to be the same for all of them, based on their level, and allow the people to have a chance to teach and reroll the skills/passives of a mount, by feeding other mounts with the skill desired for example,

I don't care if they make it super hard to level up or to teach a skill to your mount or pet, like having to feed your pet with another 100 or even 1000 pets per level, exagerating, but make it a linear progress so that people can truly choose the mount they want to use and instead of being forced to use the one that RNGesus decided to bless with higher stats and skills.

-Flying mounts: If they exist they need to be available to everyone in a more realistic way, not just a random drop to 2 person in one boss that spawns once a day and then they expire in 7 days, like it's now the few chosen are exploiting them and they can't be countered because no one can't reach them without another flying mount.

People stays in the air unreachable waiting until you or your mob its at low % HP and when they see it low they descent and they give the final blow to steal the loot, for this they need to be more available to everyone, you can't counter someone that you can't reach, and this directs me to the next point:

-Mounted/Aerial combat: We can't currently fight while mounted, so even if everyone had a flying mount, we would still need a way to counter that guy in the air waiting for the opportunity to ninja loot you.

If those two things can't be included I would get rid of flying mounts completely, they are awesome and i'd love to have them but with the way they work now they hurt the game more than anything.

Misc:

-Increase swimming speed

-Vehicles/ships/siege weapons

-Underwater areas?!? 8|

And well, i'll leave it for now even though something tells me that i'm missing something :D

P.S. This post almost reminds me of the idea that Symeria had a few days abiut making a thread to keep a compilation of basic things and tweaks that we wanted added to the game. Dunno why he didn't open the thread yet, lazy bastard :love:

Basic stuff that is present on every other mmo but not here like duels, auctioner, housing, options to hide headgear, option to customice appareance, option to invite people to interact with people from the guild list (invite part, add friends, etc...), and many other things that you would like.

We should probably make that list to have something to throw at Aeria when they start taking suggestions :P
    • Arkray wrote:

-Remove the race lock, allow every race to play every class.
      You got me here. I'm a really HATER of Locks.

Arkray wrote:

-Multi-class system: Why does anyone need to change their identity if they want to try another class? It's not unrealistic that our characters can master another weapon and learn another class. The way they implemented it on FFXIV is decent imo, more realistic than going to an npc that changes you from X to Y. Every class has their weapons assigned and when you equip them you take the role of their class, doesn't mean that if you are a level 45 mage and you equip a sword you turn into a level 45 guardian, you have 0 experience with swords so you have to level up that class too, but if you equip your staff again you become a 45 mage again because you already mastered the staff. Of course you can only change when you are not in combat it's different from having 3 cores that allow ou to sightly modify how your class behaves, this is also nice but it just allows more customization to each class, doesn't allow you to change to another class.

In the end this gives more life to the game imo, because more people ends having multiple classes, and some people even ends up having multiple characters with multiple classes on each. Also in a game like bless, that demands big guilds to be able to compete in territory dominions and then caps the guilds member limit, I would say this is even a must.
      This would be good (and even a good way to earn money, by selling low priced items to allow that, or give a really expensive item to buy ingame), but would require a lot of recoding...

Arkray wrote:

-More usable skills
      -Seriously, more usable skills, I love tab targeting games for the tactical combat they provide but seriously with 8 skills there is no room for tactical thinking or anything, there are too many must have skills for all the classes, and lots of other skills that we will never use because we simply don't have room for them in the skill bars without gimping ourselves, everyone runs around with the same stuff and it's too easy to predict what people will do once you identify their class, I want 4 or 5 full skill bars like in the classic tab target games. We need more food for thought.
      I comes from DAOC and L2 where you WERE FORCED to use at least a minimum of 4 skill bars (12 skills each) to a max of 8 skill bars, depending on the class. It's NEVER a good idea to overdoing the required skills to play, but it's even a bad idea give excessivelly low skills ammount. I think that a max of 12 skills (and LEAVE OUT the auto attack to be a skill, it should be a basic function, not a skill... who's the idiot that made the auto attack be a skill instead of a basic function???) and 12 items at max (let's be clear... F1-F12 and 1-to letters from the keyboard) are pretty ok to me...

Arkray wrote:

-Bigger parties and raids, I still don't understand why we are capped to parties of 5 people still, we can't form bigger alleigances or raids, when the content itself encourages big raids to work together... Just imagine how nice would castra sieges be if we could have the 100 people divided into a big raid of 100 or two of 50, with proper communication, they would be awesome, much better than now that everyone runs like a chicken without head on its own.
      Ahye... you make me cry a lot... in sadness.... i comes from DAOC and L2 (i know i repeat that a lot...) where there was party of 8 and 9 players... to me mmorpg are games that MUST have party made by a max of 10 players... not 5... or 6.. aren't those MASSIVE games? Why limit the party system to just 5-6 players? I never understand that...

ALSO, another good thing is the possibility to LINK parties togheter (like DAOC and... cough.. i'm feeling sick saying it but... the goddamn poisonus WoW).

Arkray wrote:

-Vehicles/ships/siege weapons
      If i remember correctly there are ALREADY siege weapons in develop... i can't remember when they said it.. but i'm sure to remember well that there will be siege weapons