[Guardian] Core setups, tactics and lots of theorycraft

[Guardian] Core setups, tactics and lots of theorycraft

i had some time to spare, so i decided to come up with more straight/detailed setups regarding Core skills.
      taking this as reference, i'll just link and combine together all the different skills changes available in order to find out the main differences between Cores.
      let us begin:

[Vanguard]

This Core resets the cooldown of all skills.

The basic Combo Attack [Hit]>[Strike]>[Blow] generates 1 Courage Point with each successful hit
      » »
      [Hit][Strike][Blow]
      - Hit the target and deal damage.

[Defeat] becomes [Sway]
      Basic [Defeat]:

- Hit the target and deal damage;
      - Target armor -3% (30s);
      - Effect can stack 3 times.

[Sway] then becomes a Combo Attack starting skill: [Sway]>[Destruction]>[Smash]
      » »
      [Destruction]
      - Hit the target and deal damage.
      [Smash]
      - AoE Attack;
      - Inflict Bleed (10s);
      - Damage based on Courage Points used.
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Passive additions]
      [Encouragement]

[Blow][Smash][Throw Down]
      - +25% chance to gain 1 extra Courage Point with a successful hit.

[Piercing]

With this passive, [Defeat] Instantly give a 3x stack on the target on hit; +4s Cooldown;
      - [Smash] Bleed damage increased;
      - [Cutter] Healing ability decreased by -25% more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Boosted skills from passives/debuffs]
      [Throw Down]

- Knockdown a floating target.
      - +25% chance to gain 1 extra Courage Point with a successful hit.

[Cutter]

- Target Healing ability -50% (8s).
      - Healing ability decreased by -25% more.

[Suppression]

- With active bleed on target, damage is increased;
      - Usable on knockdowned target.

#######################################################################################
      #######################################################################################

[Protector]

This Core increases Defence;
      - With 2+ Courage Points: +30% Block Chance;
      - When attacked, there's a 25% chance to gain the [Devotion] effect;
      - [Devotion]: +100% Aggro Level.

Basic [Devotion]:

- +50% STR (10s).

[Wave Shot] Slow effect becomes Aggro effect.
      Basic [Wave Shot]:

- AoE Attack (5m);
      - Target Speed -50% (10s);

[Shield Strike] Damage is proportional to your defence( gives additional damage ).
      Basic [Shield Strike]:

[Passive additions]
      [Sacrifice]

- [Wave Shot] Cooldown -30%; Aggro Level +100%;
      - [Grasp] Cooldown -30%; Aggro Level +100%;
      - [Overwhelming] Cooldown -30%; Aggro Level +100%.

[Grasp]

- AoE Stun (4m) (5s).
      - Cooldown -30%; Aggro Level +100%;

[Overwhelming]

- AoE debuff;
      - Targets Attack -10% (10s).
      - Cooldown -30%; Aggro Level +100%;

##############################################################################################################################################################################

[Gladiator]

With this core, the 4th attack after a Combo Attack stuns the target (3s);
      - Shield Defence +15%;
      - When you block, [Shield Counter] cooldown resets;

Basic [Shield Counter]:

- Hit the target with the shield and deal damage;
      - Usable after a Block.

[Mortal Strike] -10s Cooldown;
      Basic [Mortal Strike]:

- Stun the target;
      - Stun duration proportionate to Courage Points used.

[Rush] become [Jump]
      Basic [Rush]:

- Rush to the target and deal damage.

- [Wild Blow] -17s Cooldown, Knockback effect removed.
      Basic [Wild Blow]:

- Knockback the target;
      - Damage proportionate to Courage Points used.

[Passive additions]
      [Valor]

- [Jump]: +2m Distance, Cooldown -2s with a successful block.

[Jump]
      ( no details yet )

##############################################################################################################################################################################

and that's all.
      as you can see, it's basicly a resume of all 3 Cores made by combining skills with related boosts/bonuses in order to make every Core more focused on specific skills and roles.
      took me a while to build it up, but it was worthy.

feel free to discuss, and to add any additional infos regarding skills since there's few missing.

"Rise and rise again, until lambs will become lions."

Post was edited 3 times, last by “Fenrir” ().

Keep in mind that my list is outdated. There was some little changes on some skills and some are missing..

A good way to gather info is to get the last ENG patch and get ingame to get an idea on what the new skills are to add them on the list

PS: Cleaned out the topic. Refrain from posting harrassing or hatefull reply "just for fun"

BryanFury - Leader | Clan Website | Clan Forum | Clan Facebook Page |

Post was edited 1 time, last by “Bryan Fury” ().

i'll keep it updated as long as i get new infos, but considering the situation there's more chances that i'll update once Bless goes live in EU.

if someone else wants to discuss about Guardian PvP/PvE Core builds, feel free to do so, as long as it's regarding the topic.

Post was edited 1 time, last by “Zazaaji”: Removed reference to deleted segment/post. ().

regarding PvP viability:
      i'm still convinced that Protector works mainly for PvE tanking, due to AoE skills with crowd control effects and additional aggro boost.

so judging by skills overall, i'm more interested in the Vanguard and Gladiator Core so far.
      however, it is still a hard choice.

with Vanguard:
      - you can get extra courage points on basic chain combos and other skills, in order to re-use some skills more often, boost their damage and make ccs last longer;
      - you can reset skills cooldowns, wich may give more damage over time, so it would work for both PvP and PvE situations as well if you were playing as a dps off-tank;
      - the skill Cutter cripples almost entirely the target healing ability. it's a -75% on heals, but it needs to be specified if it's only self-heals or also healing received from other players. if it's both, it's overkill.

with Gladiator:
      - after a combo attack, the next attack stuns the target. that's a free cc on basic combo followup, wich is always good to stop the enemy;
      - the skill Mortal Strike has reduced cooldown, wich means you'll stun the target more often;
      - the skill Jump gets a boost on range( +2m distance ), wich means you'll have better chances to close range when fighting ranged classes like mages or archers.

there's also other related skills that get boosted of course, i just pointed out the major ones here.

i'd say that Vanguard is always good as a starting Core for generic PvP situations and/or PvE dps, and it's especially good against healers.
      Gladiator has very good ccs frequency to keep the target locked down, and it may be better suited for fighting ranged units.

i'll have to test them both anyway when the time comes, but for now this is what i've come up with.
      if i see that the Guardian class is too much dependant on Courage points, i'll probably just stick with Vanguard.

When I played at the launch of open beta. I use to roll with Gladiator in pvp. Don't have to rely on courage points to do dmg like u have to do in vanguard.
      In Gladiator u always pretty much do almost the same dmg and dont need so much courage points. You can take almost 30% of the health with the knock up combo, and then continue by taunting and stunning again. Vanguard is okay but in order for u to do dmg u have to have good courage regen and position. If the enemy doesn't move at all, its great but most people do jump around like a monkey.

Dewulf wrote:

When I played at the launch of open beta. I use to roll with Gladiator in pvp. Don't have to rely on courage points to do dmg like u have to do in vanguard.
      In Gladiator u always pretty much do almost the same dmg and dont need so much courage points. You can take almost 30% of the health with the knock up combo, and then continue by taunting and stunning again. Vanguard is okay but in order for u to do dmg u have to have good courage regen and position.
      The Gladiator is definitelly more suited for the PvP, since it can lock up (IF you do the correct build) with stun and long range attacks (that it surprise me, since usually melee classes have not many-to not even one long ranged attacks)

Dewulf wrote:

If the enemy doesn't move at all, its great but most people do jump around like a monkey.
      Well... that problems is born with the addition of the jump function... we gotta deal with it ||

New

Just add a code that the more u jump in a certain time the effect of the jump (height,speed) is heavily reduced.
      Cant remember wich game this function had but it was fun.

Other option would be a one second delay after jumping before your skills cant be used.

New

or simply add a stamina bar for jumps, rolls, whatever.

with tab-targeting there should be no problems thou.
      once you get your target in range and locked, no matter how much you jump, you ain't going to avoid direct skills.
      unless you hide behind a tree or wall, that is.

New

Fenrir wrote:

once you get your target in range and locked, no matter how much you jump, you ain't going to avoid direct skills.

I'm mainly meaning the Sway combo u get from Vanguard. And with the ping we have it even makes it harder to land this combo. It's good dmg but u could do so much dmg and cc during that time u try to land the sway combo.

New

Fenrir wrote:

Because It's a tab-targeting system. which means someone attacks you ; then you'll get damaged.
      You can't avoid arrows either, when the target was locked already and enemys will shoot arrows. may you trying to avoid arrows and go behind the walls. but arrows will get your back.

I think it doesn't have a Projectile systems.

New

Quavindix wrote:

I think it doesn't have a Projectile systems.
      I already said somewhere else (can't remember where in the forum), Bless works with Hitscan coding, not with Projectile coding

The fact it's based mainly on Tab target have nothing to do with the coding type of the skills.