Crafting/Gathering guide for Bless.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• LaVinia wrote:

thanks for the front page, glad i could help someone.

Oh I didn't need help with it, sorry if I made you think that. It's just obvious that this guide will help more people if it's easier to see. Visitors to the site that don't really read the forums will definitely see it now. :D
    • I think it is well made (the guide)... the problem is with the "crafting system" itself... if you want to call that a crafting system, imho pushing a button et voilà le jeux sont fait is not, and that is just the tip of the iceberg of the problem about those kind of crafting systems.

However whatever, it seems that most people like it this way so...
    • mmo_geezer wrote:

the problem is with the "crafting system" itself... if you want to call that a crafting system, imho pushing a button et voilà le jeux sont fait
      Far i remember all the games i played since early 1999 up to now are not much different... the only difference was the complexity of the main materials, sub materials, and refining operations you had to do before get the primary crafting (like in L2, you had to collect the recipes for the refining materials and then you would have been able to craft the item).

You got in mind a specify crafting system that can be better than that?

BryanFury - Leader | Clan Website | Clan Forum | Clan Facebook Page |
    • Bryan Fury wrote:

mmo_geezer wrote:

the problem is with the "crafting system" itself... if you want to call that a crafting system, imho pushing a button et voilà le jeux sont fait
      Far i remember all the games i played since early 1999 up to now are not much different... the only difference was the complexity of the main materials, sub materials, and refining operations you had to do before get the primary crafting (like in L2, you had to collect the recipes for the refining materials and then you would have been able to craft the item).You got in mind a specify crafting system that can be better than that?

I'm lazy and rarely get into crafting much but i have to say that FFXIV crafting system surprised me, it was the first and only crafting system that made me enjoy leveling a profession.

It was complex and fun, like in every other mmo systems luck was a major part but here it wasn't about hitting a button, you actually had skills, CP (mana), main class, sub class skills, and stuff that made it like feel like playing another combat class, you actually had to think and react to situations based on luck and you could improve the final % of HQ or even make it 100% HQ, depending on the piece or crafting level, with that.

Of course it also had the quick crafting option if you didn't care about improving HQ chances, no one wants to spend 20-30 seconds doing 1 distilled water :D
    • Arkray wrote:

Bryan Fury wrote:

mmo_geezer wrote:

Far i remember all the games i played since early 1999 up to now are not much different... the only difference was the complexity of the main materials, sub materials, and refining operations you had to do before get the primary crafting (like in L2, you had to collect the recipes for the refining materials and then you would have been able to craft the item).You got in mind a specify crafting system that can be better than that?

I'm lazy and rarely get into crafting much but i have to say that FFXIV crafting system surprised me, it was the first and only crafting system that made me enjoy leveling a profession.

It was complex and fun, like in every other mmo systems luck was a major part but here it wasn't about hitting a button, you actually had skills, CP (mana), main class, sub class skills, and stuff that made it like feel like playing another combat class, you actually had to think and react to situations based on luck and you could improve the final % of HQ or even make it 100% HQ, depending on the piece or crafting level, with that.

Of course it also had the quick crafting option if you didn't care about improving HQ chances, no one wants to spend 20-30 seconds doing 1 distilled water :D
      It reminds me the crafting system of DAOC, where you had different choises of craft, with different effects on the final result (chance to craft, chance to double, chance to have additional effects, and so on)

• Bryan Fury wrote:

mmo_geezer wrote:

Far i remember all the games i played since early 1999 up to now are not much different... the only difference was the complexity of the main materials, sub materials, and refining operations you had to do before get the primary crafting (like in L2, you had to collect the recipes for the refining materials and then you would have been able to craft the item).

You got in mind a specify crafting system that can be better than that?

Just a side note before answering, I see you have some hystory XD...
      what I have highlighted from your sentence is another point about Bless crafting (and many other games' crafting) that I truly, profoundly hate: the lack of reality or at least the plausibility about the materials that are going in the crafting process itself!

Now to answer you with a TL;DR post I love so much XD...

During my spare time I love to do some woodworking or going in the mountains to gather herbs, mushrooms both for eating both for phytotherapy.
      After being introduced to the world-of-gathering in real life I felt that those kind of "smaller" tasks in an mmo are seen like a nuisance that needed to be cutted off or left behind development-wise.

Well, that's not true for me, I love a complex crafting process in mmos and truth to be told I'm still waiting for a game that approach realistically the crafting system... you are right, there are no mmos that have such a crafting system, sadly.

The only two games that try to get it a tad more interesting are FFXIV and Wildstar: I love the realism about refinig the materials, all the small relastic components that go into the process and also the crafting itself is more complex than just pushing a button.

Arkray have already linked a video about the FF one I'll link the Wildstar one then:

[EDIT] P.S.:Arkray the video you posted made me want to go back play FFXIV. I stopped playing it after the ARR patch that messed up with the graphic I loved so much, well also the combat system is super boring but everything else is just so good!

The post was edited 3 times, last by mmo_geezer ().

• mmo_geezer wrote:

Nah don't worry about it :P

I have to say that i'm in the middle of the both situations.. i mean... i have lived on with both the complexity of DAOC and L2 crafting system... and the semplicity of the modern mmorpg...

At first, with a really complex and large crafting system, everyone wasn't too looking into about what you had to do, but... expansion after expansion the ammount of stuff (not that the initial ones was less... just "human possible" to be gathered with some work) needed has gone crazy... to a point that to craft a sword you had to gather almost the whole map of materials...

That is too much... and since it's primairly a game, i welcome a "semplified" system instead of having 0943320923094320923 materials needed that you have to transform into other 2340923903209 submaterials and then, craft the refined ones, plus add the parts of the items, and then money, and then special items that are needed for the chance bla bla bla bla... that is too much for a sword! don't you think?

• Crafting in L2 was hard but I changed all my armor grade and weapon grade like this.
      But you need a good crafter in your Clan (or you make one yourself).
      I liked the challenge, not only crafting but also lvling and more.
      I think L2 is no more a good reference today.
    • Delfy wrote:

That was definitelly the hardest part.

Unlike the actually mmorpg, where everyone can craft stuff (NOT that it's a bad thing.. because as i said, it's more than welcome a semplified system), you was in the trouble to find at all cost a crafter in your Clan or create one and... level it up.. gather all the recipes... drop by drop.. spoil by spoil... or the market... it was a really hard work to do..

I seriously doubt today, everyone is willing to do the same road we traveled with the crafting adventure in L2...

• Bryan Fury wrote:

mmo_geezer wrote:

Nah don't worry about it :P

I have to say that i'm in the middle of the both situations.. i mean... i have lived on with both the complexity of DAOC and L2 crafting system... and the semplicity of the modern mmorpg...

At first, with a really complex and large crafting system, everyone wasn't too looking into about what you had to do, but... expansion after expansion the ammount of stuff (not that the initial ones was less... just "human possible" to be gathered with some work) needed has gone crazy... to a point that to craft a sword you had to gather almost the whole map of materials...

That is too much... and since it's primairly a game, i welcome a "semplified" system instead of having 0943320923094320923 materials needed that you have to transform into other 2340923903209 submaterials and then, craft the refined ones, plus add the parts of the items, and then money, and then special items that are needed for the chance bla bla bla bla... that is too much for a sword! don't you think?

Ye right? They (devs) either go in the easy-as-fuck direction either in the huber hadcore one... what I'd like to see is a complex not a complicated crafting, people seems to confuse those two a lot making complicated things that are boring as hell while they should have made complex, articulated systems that would have been fun!

Bryan Fury wrote:

Delfy wrote:

Unlike the actually mmorpg, where everyone can craft stuff (NOT that it's a bad thing.. because as i said, it's more than welcome a semplified system), you was in the trouble to find at all cost a crafter in your Clan or create one and... level it up.. gather all the recipes... drop by drop.. spoil by spoil... or the market... it was a really hard work to do..

I seriously doubt today, everyone is willing to do the same road we traveled with the crafting adventure in L2...

I would, systems like that added flavor ans sociality to mmos making them mmos! Crafters where more valued at least T_T

• mmo_geezer wrote:

Bryan Fury wrote:

Delfy wrote:

I would, systems like that added flavor ans sociality to mmos making them mmos! Crafters where more valued at least T_T

TO BRYAN:

I think people are lazier today or have not anymore times.
      I'm part of those people now.

But when I had my dwarf up to date, I made soooo much money :D

TO MMO_GEEZER:

Absolutely!
      And of course the game is harder but make friendship stronger too!

Sorry all edited

The post was edited 2 times, last by Delfy ().

• Delfy wrote:

I think people are lazier today or have not anymore times.

I'll definitely go for lazier XD
      Also now there is the mindset in which everyone must be able to do everything asap, no patience at all!
      Imho complex crafting add so much to the game, if you do not like crafting you would go to your carfter pal improving social interaction and to craft you needed either to hunt or gather so carfting pushed you to explore making, overall, the game more fun.

Just to complain a bit more... other things I do not like are the separation among PvP and PvE grear or gear made with tokens and such or with just random materials... for god sake! My dragon skin raiment should be made of the facking dragon I killed, skinned etc... now dragons magically drop the whole gear ready to wear!

Delfy wrote:

Sorry all edited

worry not XD
    • mmo_geezer wrote:

Just to complain a bit more... other things I do not like are the separation among PvP and PvE grear, gear made with tokens and such or with just random materials... for god sake!
      That comes from the poisonus WoW.. but that is another story and another argument, not fitted here..

• Bryan Fury wrote:

mmo_geezer wrote:

Just to complain a bit more... other things I do not like are the separation among PvP and PvE grear, gear made with tokens and such or with just random materials... for god sake!
      That comes from the poisonus WoW.. but that is another story and another argument, not fitted here..

Imho WoW hate is always welcome... just kidding... maybe not :P

Valentina wrote:

Delfy, mmo_geezer and (I must admit =O ) Bryan,
      you make me dream :)

That remember a lot of happy, wonderful times...

Old-timers united XD
    Peria Chronicles