So what do you think of bless?

• Well some cents maybe a Euro about bless:

The general game seems to do its thing but it isn’t some revolutionary nor has Bless astounding features to boost with. The game itself is solid, makes fun PvE and PvP wise. The devs updated the game in a good amount of time to introduce and deliver common features so I have my hopes high that they continue to work on Bless.

The class system – while the general idea is nice the situation is as always – you have one or two major skill builds. If you vary from them greatly you may or may not screw your build up with not harmonizing skills, etc. This goes as far as I would say that certain classes have a fixed build with at least 5 to 6 out of 8 active skills, at least 2 passive skills as well as the matching core skills. This is by far not bad because but also takes away a unique note. However the other side is that some core skills also require 3 to 4 basic skills but the rest is up to you which is nice so it’s more or less evenly distributed. I also like the limitation of skills (could be 1 or 2 more skills but well) since I really hate to have 6 rows of skill icons and skill chain macros and w.e.

Regarding PvE – I have to say that PvE wise the dungeons make fun but aside from that the game isn’t really offering any variety or so. Maybe with the Royal Quests there will be a new change of pace. The Monster Kill Quest are just pure grinding and don’t really make fun at all. Regarding the Mounts, Servants and Pets – I do like the fact that you can tame nearly any mount but they should add the option that you can tame Boss mobs and Field Bosses since some of them have a really nice design and it would be a waste to not have them. Also I would like to see more pet skills (aside from the exp, gold drop, pvp exp and exploration point raise – for example class specific stat unities like increase str/wis for Paladins or so) and also to be able to sell them so you can actually make a profession out of it (taming rare pets with good skills and sell them).

PvP wise I have to say that in general the classes are way more balanced than I have thought. I wouldn’t welcome a PvE server setting as it creates more problems than it solves or completely dumb down the game to a point where I have to ask why people even play it. Also with Royal Quests probably rewarding gems I don’t see a problem with actually buying the Peace Items from the store. Also keep it in mind since items like these exists a PvE server would completely question the existence of these items.

About the Siege of Strasbourg (100 vs 100 BG)/Arena – in general I would prefer to get a similar system to Aion where you can also level up your PvP rank by killing other players in the open world. This already works but the Rank exp per kill is so low that it isn’t really funny. Since death doesn’t decrease your Rank exp it wouldn’t be that bad to raise the open world rank exp gain and leave the Siege of Strasbourg to 1 or 2 times daily (like the Dregion in Aion). The world bosses which I’d call PvPvE are a complete joke (to me) as they come with their own instanced area. Portal camping at its finest as well as limiting the player number to 200 is basically taking away a very big feature I would have like as an real open world pvp feature. Aside from that the world bosses are a joke itself since it’s nothing more than “do 1 or 2 skills, evade, die, run to the portal, run the boss, do 1 or 2 skills, die again”. As melee it’s horrible. As ranged it may go well. As a 5 man paladin group you can survive a good amount of time but ultimately will die also. Basel

Gorge was a nice way to introduce more open world pvp and it makes fun. However as already stated – tweaking to get it right. Gear wise it is pretty easy to get good gear (without the daily login rewards) in a good amount of time and the difference between medicore and better gear is there and you can actually feel it but the difference isn’t an obstacle you cannot overcome. That and lag…. but well…. KR games.

About the content itself – well it is a nice setting as well as showing off each factions view onto each other and so on. Story telling is done in a nice way. I would like to see some more and better / more flashy looking armors and/or costumes.

The game itself is nice but lacks some stronger colors as well as some textures sometimes feel a little unfinished while other areas are incredible. The open world aspect (no borders) is nice but it feels really wasted somehow. I mean I miss the illegal farm hunting from ArcheAge or something like that. Maybe player housing with attackable houses? or building up own forts? would be nice to see a little player freedom in these kind of things.

On other terms the game is like Tera – heavily not optimized and there are still many tweaks to get it run better.

Feel free to disagree :D
    • Actosh wrote:

Are u still going to play it when it will be released in the West?

sure otherwise I wouldn't spent my time here ^^ it heavily depends on the business model they go with as well as their cash shop setup. If they continue the ArcheAge path - I'll drop the game or continue in KR.

Just want to say that Bless isn't the holy grail but isn't a fail either. Something in between - being a solid game with some flaws which I see and acknowledge but also it's positive features which should be also focused. I'm just sick and tired of hypes and folllowing fails. Aion, Tera, ArcheAge (what I played serious recently) all had their hype trains and whiteknights.

• Alaula wrote:

I for one agree with Zaz. They should consider doing pvp and pve servers, or some sort of flagging system. There are plenty of mmo's that have these systems that work. Sure there can be manditory pvp areas for both pve and pvp servers for the story if need be. I and many others dont like to be forced to pvp when they dont want to, I like to have a choice.

There has been lots of fights about this. But the thing is that u can already avoid it so much. If they make it so that both persons have to flag up, its just gonna hurt the open pvp of the game way too much. This is seen in so many games like blade and soul. I'm fine with pve server so that the people who dont want to pvp can play. I really loved the open pvp in bless. Had so many fights with random people while questing.

I really don't want to start fight about this subject :D.
    • Nito wrote:

Actosh wrote:

Are u still going to play it when it will be released in the West?

sure otherwise I wouldn't spent my time here ^^ it heavily depends on the business model they go with as well as their cash shop setup. If they continue the ArcheAge path - I'll drop the game or continue in KR.

Just want to say that Bless isn't the holy grail but isn't a fail either. Something in between - being a solid game with some flaws which I see and acknowledge but also it's positive features which should be also focused. I'm just sick and tired of hypes and folllowing fails. Aion, Tera, ArcheAge (what I played serious recently) all had their hype trains and whiteknights.

True Story. I like solid games and im happy that bless isnt hyped in my opinion. Its solid and as every mmo it has some flaws.

On the other side there are a lot of things done right.

For my Girlfriend and myself it depends on payment as well. Would like to have a sub option like in Korea.

Ps: there will never be a mmo that could be called the holy grail. Mmos are like cars. Either u like the look and they way they drive or u dont.
    • I just hope that Aeria wont kill the Faction lock!

That would be reason not to play it. Regarding pvp. Even on a pve server(if they decide to do this fail) the Peace Declaration item wont work at basel gorge.

Would be nice to get more information from aeria games what to expect.

Also being curios if they plan on doin tv commercials.

Echo of Soul and Dawn of Gods got Commercials on German Tv. Mainly on Pro7 ^^
    • I guess there will be TV commercials - as you said mainly on pro7 though I never bothered choosing a game from a TV commercial (I think the only case was final fantasy crystal chronicles).

Another thing I have to mention is the guild system. This could be a thing which get's criticized when it the launch draws nearer. The maximum capacity of players early on should be adjusted to idk... 20 people or increase the capacity every level by 10 or so.
    • Nito wrote:

I guess there will be TV commercials - as you said mainly on pro7 though I never bothered choosing a game from a TV commercial (I think the only case was final fantasy crystal chronicles).

Another thing I have to mention is the guild system. This could be a thing which get's criticized when it the launch draws nearer. The maximum capacity of players early on should be adjusted to idk... 20 people or increase the capacity every level by 10 or so.

Maximum capacity? Ok
    • Quavindix wrote:

Nito wrote:

I guess there will be TV commercials - as you said mainly on pro7 though I never bothered choosing a game from a TV commercial (I think the only case was final fantasy crystal chronicles).

Maximum capacity? Ok

maximum capacity on the early guild levels. lvl 1 = 10 and lvl lv 3 = 30 is a little low. I'd say either increase lvl 1 to 30 and leave it till guild lvl 5 or decrease the exp cost for lvl 1 to 3.

Other than that the guild system should be fine (in terms of leveling)
    • The Guildsystem should be tweaked for Western audience since we often launch with a lot of ppl.

I would have loved a account bound guildjoin (all chars in 1guild occupiying only one slot).

With the current system u could abuse it if u create multiple guilds and let your members join them as well with twinks.

I know its too early to make assumptions. Still this concerns me a bit. Also depends on how fast u can gain xp towards the guild.
    • The guild system is one of the things that dissapoints me, and we are already having issues with it here at korea with the english guild, so imagine in EU/NA when there will be a lot of people to get into a guild.

The game encourages alts, if you are a paladin main and you want to play a mystic or a mage for a while you need to make an alt, and putting a level cap on members per guild on a game that encourages alts it's not a good idea imo.

To make it worse this game also encourages having a lots of members inside of a guild, specially if you want to do scrambles (fight to control territories), so say that if you have 100 people in the guild and 30 are alts then you would only have 70 people at the scrambles.
    • Thats why i said all chars should be related to your account and u join guilds with your accountname.

Therefor u could join one guild (be in multipli guilds system suxx in my opinion example eso or gw2.

I know ppl will be pissed if they cant have a lot of chars in one guild.

Therefor the will be multiple guilds that belong to one mainguild. Example Awesomename (mainguild) AwesomenameI, AwesomenameII and so on.

Thats one of the things that concerns me. Maybe i need to go this way for my guild as well, but that way u can abuse the system to some degree. Will cover that problem in one of my few articles to come.
    • i'll just go by points as usual:

"Nito" wrote:

The class system – while the general idea is nice the situation is as always – you have one or two major skill builds. If you vary from them greatly you may or may not screw your build up with not harmonizing skills, etc. This goes as far as I would say that certain classes have a fixed build with at least 5 to 6 out of 8 active skills, at least 2 passive skills as well as the matching core skills. This is by far not bad because but also takes away a unique note. However the other side is that some core skills also require 3 to 4 basic skills but the rest is up to you which is nice so it’s more or less evenly distributed. I also like the limitation of skills (could be 1 or 2 more skills but well) since I really hate to have 6 rows of skill icons and skill chain macros and w.e.

it's always been like that in many KR mmorpgs.
      there will always be one meta for every class with eventually 2~3 variations based on PvP/PvE, and solo or group play.
      thing is, it's not always easy to find out the most effective build, wich is fine for the first months of gameplay.
      however, once someone figures out the meta, it's only a matter of time before everyone else goes running around with the same build.
      it may eventually kill the overall variety of character builds after a while, but in the end it's always related to gameplay preferences.

also, having a good but not excessive amount of skills in the main bars is always more than welcome, at least for me.
      that way people won't have to waste their time clicking multiple skill icons in order to perform actions or combos properly.
      as long as they keep it about 8~10 skills on bar and keep the ability to move the icons around to customize further the skills bar, it's going to be fine.
      especially for those that play on free-target settings, since it's easier to react to a treath while in combat when you don't have 50 different skills to use.

"Nito" wrote:

Also I would like to see more pet skills (aside from the exp, gold drop, pvp exp and exploration point raise – for example class specific stat unities like increase str/wis for Paladins or so) and also to be able to sell them so you can actually make a profession out of it (taming rare pets with good skills and sell them).

i have to disagree on the stats rising part, simply because that kind of stuff it's going to backfire and make things unbalanced soon or later, especially in games with cash shops.
      for example, people that are not interested at all in pets would be forced to rise or buy them in order to be more competitive in PvP, or be more useful in PvE.
      items like weapons and armors should stay as main source for character improvement, as they're directly bound to the character progression throu the game while leveling up.

while i'm fine with people taming pets for fun and making it an eventual job out of extra entertainment, i strongly believe that the feature of pet skills should remain a commodity, and never be turned into a necessity.

"Actosh" wrote:

Also being curios if they plan on doin tv commercials.
      Echo of Soul and Dawn of Gods got Commercials on German Tv. Mainly on Pro7

in KR they made TV commercials for Bless, not sure how they'll promote it in NA/EU.
      Gameforge, for example, made TV commercials for Aion a while back when it turned free-to-play, but this is Aeria we're talking about.

as for the Guild system, it's nothing new to me.
      even in games like Aion or Lineage 2, where u could have more than 50 people in a single clan/legion, people were still making alt clans to get extra castles or more fortresses.
      that's an issue that's been around in KR mmorpgs for over a decade now, and i honestly doubt that it will ever be taken into consideration.
      not because they don't care, but because they have a very different gaming mentality in KR compared to west audiences, so they probably don't feel the need to change it, especially if it requires more time and effort to develop said changes.

"Rise and rise again, until lambs will become lions."

The post was edited 1 time, last by Fenrir ().

• Noobs eating aoes, nothing new :D

Haha but yeah I feel you, a few weeks ago he hit me with that and I was behind him and casting a self heal before he actually smashed the floor, I only trust in my shift for that bastard since then.

The naga boss in dungeon 42 is a little klonky too, many players have seen the red line, where everyone needs to stand, in different places, like you see yourself in the line and everyone else displaced but when it hits everyone gets frozen but you :D
    • For some reason it happens more when you are low maning the boss, the majority of times I saw that bug was when I was in duo or trio.

I don't remember if i have seen that with a full party, or perhaps we have seen it and don't know, those times when someone dies there and you think he was sleeping, maybe he wasn't that asleep but he didn't say anything about it :P
    • Sometimes it happens for the latency issue, not only for the bugs on the codes... because play with 400ms is totally different from 90ms..

I have seen also sometimes the pretty infamous "Wireless Attack" due to latency.... it makes me really mad when it happens, but... well.. i can't complain, since i know Kr servers are pretty far far far away...

BryanFury - Leader | Clan Website | Clan Forum | Clan Facebook Page |
    Peria Chronicles