So what do you think of bless?

• I know that some people *coughbryanfurycough* will hate this idea, but I really would like some sort of addition of a way for PvE players to turn off forced PvP all the time. Either a separate PvE server with optional PvP flag toggles, adding PvP flag toggles to the current thing, or some sort of item you can buy in-game using in-game currency (not cash shop currency) that disables PvP for a couple hours at a time. Or something else I can't think of.

I absolutely love the Mascu race though. Cutest race of any races in any MMO I think I'll ever see. ^^
    • Tera had both dedicated PvE and PvP servers in EU, not sure about their settings thou.
      world PvP was done by activating a toggle in order to be able to hit other players, but you could still get hit by other flagged players in any case, doesn't matter if you were flagged or not for PvP.

as for Bless, the environment and classes are mostly like other modern medieval-fantasy mmorpgs, so there's nothing really new, at least for me.
      graphic looks ok, we'll see about character curstomization.
      gameplay can't say anything as i haven't tried it yet, but the core skills mechanic looks quite interesting. kinda similar to the stigma mechanic from Aion, but with a bit of variations.

"Rise and rise again, until lambs will become lions."
    • Bryan Fury wrote:

Zazaaji wrote:

I know that some people *coughbryanfurycough* will hate this idea
      *look at the little Mascu and his cute fur with evil eyes* Need some fire Zaz?

You seem to mistake me for a Charmander. My tail doesn't need relighting. 8)

Hmm.... speaking of Pokemon, that reminds me of the pet system. Icarus Online's Pet System is rather pokemon like in the sense of taming them (no Pokeballs though). It'd be a stretch, but a similar system in Bless would be nice as well.
    • Zazaaji wrote:

Bryan Fury wrote:

Zazaaji wrote:

I know that some people *coughbryanfurycough* will hate this idea
      *look at the little Mascu and his cute fur with evil eyes* Need some fire Zaz?

You seem to mistake me for a Charmander. My tail doesn't need relighting. 8)

Hmm.... speaking of Pokemon, that reminds me of the pet system. Icarus Online's Pet System is rather pokemon like in the sense of taming them (no Pokeballs though). It'd be a stretch, but a similar system in Bless would be nice as well.
      No, but you fur is inflammable, did you forgot? *shiny eyes looking at Zaz*

BryanFury - Leader | Clan Website | Clan Forum | Clan Facebook Page |
    • Basel Gorge is and i hope it stays a 24/7 forced pvp pve zone. Thats how it is designed.

The dove item wont work there!

Dove item (cant attack and cant be attacked by other players works in the shared queating zones for both factions. Ppl that refuse open pvp or just wanna quest should get it and use it.

Would be bad to split the playerbase as this leads to more servers needed, more cost to keep em up and it splits the playerbase.

I have played age of conan with open pvp and there never was as much gankfest as u would have expected.

I also think if they do pve servers, that basel gorge(the zone where u need to kill a rising goblin army) would even stay a 24/7 pvp zone.

I can understand the pure pve perspective, but this just wont fit the game and take a lot away.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Actosh ().

• Actosh wrote:

Basel Gorge is and i hope it stays a 24/7 forced pvp pve zone. Thats how it is designed.

The dove item wont work there!

Dove item (cant attack and cant be attacked by other players works in the shared queating zones for both factions. Ppl that refuse open pvp or just wanna quest should get it and use it.

Would be bad to split the playerbase as this leads to more servers needed, more cost to keep em up and it splits the playerbase.

I have played age of conan with open pvp and there never was as much gankfest as u would have expected.

I also think if they do pve servers, that basel gorge(the zone where u need to kill a rising goblin army) would even stay a 24/7 pvp zone.

I can understand the pure pve perspective, but this just wont fit the game and take a lot away.

Exactly, there's a basel gorge - pvp zone
    • Quavindix wrote:

Basel gorge is the best place to pvp - But most players visit the gorge to farm their items.

This is not for pvp, just for farming farming farming.

What is the solution? How can we make it?

Before doin something we should see how this turns out after the west release.
      But there are different ways that come to mind to make it more attractive to do PVP in that specific zone.
    • Quavindix wrote:

Basel gorge is the best place to pvp - But most players visit the gorge to farm their items.

intergrate weeklies or dailies in this zone so that people go more frequently and one of the dailies/weeklies could be to kill 2 people or etc. of the opposing faction?
      kind of like what aion does for some high tier accessories, you need to get quest rewards that involve killing the enemy faction.
      --
      Also i feel like Bless has some strong points and also some very weak points
      storyline has potential, but the quest progression happens way too fast imo, and i only got to lvl 38 but i don't see any of my story quests lining up yet, very disjointed and make no sense, but probably due to google translate or w/e.
      The world is beautiful but somehow seems dead.... like there's not enough life in some parts, one area with a bridge and a small npc camp feels lively but even teh main towns feel lifeless for some reason maybe due to lack of players?
    • Puremystic wrote:

The world is beautiful but somehow seems dead.... like there's not enough life in some parts, one area with a bridge and a small npc camp feels lively but even teh main towns feel lifeless for some reason maybe due to lack of players?

Well, this its not like this kind of problem occurs in Bless for the first time, or that it is a problem only related to Bless online.
      All the time u hear players scream "we want a big explorable world"!!!!!!!! Developers often deliver and the same players that screamed for a big world are the first ones to complain(this isnt aimed towards u ^^) that it feels empty, dead, abandoned...whatever.

Its basicly impossible to create a huge explorable insanely big world, and make sure that it feels alive in the same moment since this is a pretty hard task. U can compare it to low level zones, while they feel totaly overcrowded at release, they are empty as my wallet(at the end of the month ^^ ) a while after.

Another part that is contributing to that problem, is that since u wanna progress u can just hope that those endgamezones are crowded. Never played a mmo wich was able to make every part of the world feel alive( i mean filled with players, not with npc´s, thats easy to do) ^^ or provide reasons for players to get there and keep that up for years.
    • Actosh wrote:

Puremystic wrote:

Well, this its not like this kind of problem occurs in Bless for the first time, or that it is a problem only related to Bless online.
      All the time u hear players scream "we want a big explorable world"!!!!!!!! Developers often deliver and the same players that screamed for a big world are the first ones to complain(this isnt aimed towards u ^^) that it feels empty, dead, abandoned...whatever.

Its basicly impossible to create a huge explorable insanely big world, and make sure that it feels alive in the same moment since this is a pretty hard task. U can compare it to low level zones, while they feel totaly overcrowded at release, they are empty as my wallet(at the end of the month ^^ ) a while after.

Another part that is contributing to that problem, is that since u wanna progress u can just hope that those endgamezones are crowded. Never played a mmo wich was able to make every part of the world feel alive( i mean filled with players, not with npc´s, thats easy to do) ^^ or provide reasons for players to get there and keep that up for years.

Make the world feels alive.. should make the giant enemy on the field. Or make more npc, place more flowers and rocks?
      Umm it could be risk for low pc players
    • the environment is one thing, the presence of players is another.

if the background itself feels "dead", it's probably because of 2 things:
      - lack of good development towards landscapes;
      - lack of colors.

i don't know yet how's the environment in game, but i can tell that if there's even just a lack of variety in colors, it's bound to become dull after a while.

as for the players presence: if the endgame gear/content is mostly related to instanced zones, it's a given that you won't see a lot of players running around in open areas, unless they're trying to lv up or farm for gold.
      there will always be someone out there, since there's always people that will prefer to grind mobs to get gold and items rather than just running instances all the time, but that's usually a minority of the playerbase.

"Rise and rise again, until lambs will become lions."
    • Quavindix wrote:

The problem I see with Basel is that there is a lot of trash mobs everywhere, they hurt and they have a huge aggro range, its really hard to move around that area, exluding the parts where you can climb over the mountains, without having one or two mobs chasing you, and this kills the pvp experience imo, not fun to kill someone when who has the adds its what determines the end of the fight.
      In my opinion they need to reduce the aggro range of all the mobs there and reposition them to be more packed, leave more free space for pvp.

Another thing is that due to the faction loot nature of the bosses, the area is full of people all the time and its hard to pvp solo or in a small group there without getting zerged, so unless you have an important size its hard to do something there.

Sometimes there are good massive fights contesting the spiders, but other than that I agree with you in that people prefers to farm their side bosses in peace and only worry about contesting the spider when it pops.

The best pvp experiences I had there were at EU nights when the majority of koreans are asleep and sometimes we had very good small skirmishes.

Also it was better when there was only 1 channel in the area, adding 2 channels was a mistake to me, one common strategy that I have seen people doing lately is:

-Faction A is killing a boss
      -Faction B has 1 guy with flying mount watching them in the air (faction A can't kill him because hes in the air, out of range)
      -Faction B has some guys in the same spot where Faction A is killing the boss, but in the other channel (Faction A can't even change channel because they are in combat or boss could reset)
      -When the boss its at low %HP the guy in the flying mount tells the other guys from Faction B to switch channel.
      -Faction B changes channel and gives the final hit to the elite mob, runs with the loot without having to fight (or they fail, the points its that they don't have to fight to have a chance for the loot)

Basel its fun and can be rewarding but still need some major tweaks, but hey, at least there is people there, it's not a desert like in the past days.
    • Arkray wrote:

Quavindix wrote:

The problem I see with Basel is that there is a lot of trash mobs everywhere, they hurt and they have a huge aggro range, its really hard to move around that area, exluding the parts where you can climb over the mountains, without having one or two mobs chasing you, and this kills the pvp experience imo, not fun to kill someone when who has the adds its what determines the end of the fight.
      In my opinion they need to reduce the aggro range of all the mobs there and reposition them to be more packed, leave more free space for pvp.

Another thing is that due to the faction loot nature of the bosses, the area is full of people all the time and its hard to pvp solo or in a small group there without getting zerged, so unless you have an important size its hard to do something there.

Sometimes there are good massive fights contesting the spiders, but other than that I agree with you in that people prefers to farm their side bosses in peace and only worry about contesting the spider when it pops.

The best pvp experiences I had there were at EU nights when the majority of koreans are asleep and sometimes we had very good small skirmishes.

Also it was better when there was only 1 channel in the area, adding 2 channels was a mistake to me, one common strategy that I have seen people doing lately is:

-Faction A is killing a boss
      -Faction B has 1 guy with flying mount watching them in the air (faction A can't kill him because hes in the air, out of range)
      -Faction B has some guys in the same spot where Faction A is killing the boss, but in the other channel (Faction A can't even change channel because they are in combat or boss could reset)
      -When the boss its at low %HP the guy in the flying mount tells the other guys from Faction B to switch channel.
      -Faction B changes channel and gives the final hit to the elite mob, runs with the loot without having to fight (or they fail, the points its that they don't have to fight to have a chance for the loot)

Basel its fun and can be rewarding but still need some major tweaks, but hey, at least there is people there, it's not a desert like in the past days.

Reduce the aggro, pack small monsters right?
    • Yeah, the small monsters, bosses are fine imo.

I don't think they need to reduce the strenght of small mobs either, they are just annoying because of the long aggro range and positioning, it's hard to move around that area without having one or two trash monsters following you, and if you stop to pvp with 2 adds on you chances are that you already lost before starting the fight.

PVP and contesting bosses should be the focus on that area imo, pack the small mobs on certain areas for quests but leave the roads more or less clear.
    • I for one agree with Zaz. They should consider doing pvp and pve servers, or some sort of flagging system. There are plenty of mmo's that have these systems that work. Sure there can be manditory pvp areas for both pve and pvp servers for the story if need be. I and many others dont like to be forced to pvp when they dont want to, I like to have a choice.
    Peria Chronicles