Potential NA/EU Censorship speculation.

!WE ARE MOVING TO A NEW SERVER. NEW CREATED CONTENT WILL BE LOST SO PLEASE VISIT THIS LINK UNTIL WE SUCCESSFULLY MOVED WITH OUR DOMAIN!

• Potential NA/EU Censorship speculation.

This is a purely speculative thread on what you think will be censored for the NA/EU release, even if it's just a tiny change (like a white bikini bra gets changed to a black one or something). Personally, I was looking through some of the Mascu outfit models in UE Viewer, and I'm betting this will be completely changed or removed for the NA/EU release. The reason should be obvious to anyone in the NA:

So, what do you think will be censored? Outfits, story lines, sounds, images, anything at all.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zazaaji ().

• Neviana wrote:

Hmmmmm.... I think it all depends on the rating the game recieves. M(ature) has different censorship levels than say T(een).
      Considering everything in the game in the Korean version that I've seen, there virtually no chance for a Mature rating. I'm almost entirely sure it'll be ESRB Teen and PEGI 12.
      .....Unless there are some highly mature things I have yet to see, of course.

EDIT: As pointed out below, there are plenty of sexual things (I've never played Heiron), along with plenty of very sexual monsters and some pets. They'd need to censor the game a TON to make the Teen/PEGI12 rating. It'll likely get a Mature/PEGI16 unless they essentially change a lot of the game.

• First of all that outfit is a quest disguise you need to ifiltrate a cult in a mid 20 lvl story quest (they don't give the hat to the player in my quest travels at least just the robe was necessary)
      if that was removed honestly the entire quest would be gone...... and it leads into a much much MUCH larger quest later on...
      If you think it looks like a Ku Klux Klan outfit that's... a bit of a reach but i kinda of see it....

Also i wouldn't be surprised if the SEX SCENE in this game was removed... as the lead developer said they'll have to look into that
      All female characters have nipples btw it's show in an OFFICIAL blesspmang armor display video
      So i'm assuming nips will be censored like in the opening of the Aqua Elf starting cinematic
      There's a quite a bit of nudity tbh haha

Europe is strict with game ratings, and seeing as how this game is being developed at the same time for both regions in one facility i'm sure they'll censor things taht wouldn't be necessarily censored in NA for the sake of equality
      my squad going into pvp :3
    • Oh also a lot of people get stabbed through the chest with blood spurting out in this game... even innocent village women lol it's so tragic....
      so that may be censored as well
      the first dungeon also has the final boss cutscene involving a guy stabbing another through the heart...

some of the more sexual monsters may get censored too like the spider queen mount/mini boss and her nearly topless boobies
      the moaning plant/zyra women who are awfully sexual and um.... that's all i can think of right now but we'll see
    • On the Hieron side at level 5 or 7, there's the famous "sex scene" between prince Mathias and Leoni (or Leona) who's an assassin sent by Mathias' father to kill him, the question is: if that scene is completely removed, how can we understand the storyline?

NSFW CONTENT!! (embedded videos bypass Age restriction on Youtube lol)

The post was edited 1 time, last by vegax87 ().

• As I already wrote in the reddit thread - they can cut cutscenes like that before "more" happens and resume the cutscene after the act. So in essence cut out the sex scene out of the whole cutscene and actually hint what happend.

Not that big deal. However what worries me is the overall brutality shown between the factions and the npcs (impaling people, hanging people, raping women, cutting of heads and limbs, torturing prisoners) and elements like the 3rd Eye Cult (the ones with the KKK outfits), the erotic pets like the Succubus, the Plant Girls, etc.

If they "westernize" these elements out of the game, the immersion would really suffer as well as the fact that the process of localization would take an extreme amount of time and also money. And since I doubt that neither Neowiz nor Aeria plan to spend too much money on these elements (at least I hope so) I think we will get a more or less original version.

If I look at Game of Thrones with some seasons being 16+ while others being 18+ I don't think Bless is gonna be a 12+/Teen Rated game overall.

Another thing is even if they get a Mature/18+ rating - the sole consequence will be that they have to put in several "The content is only available to users who are 18 and older" / "Are you 18 years and older" notifications to their website as well as their EULA/ToS/... documents where they clearly state that only users who are 18 and older are permitted to play the game.

With that being said - playing the game will be as easy as accessing a p*rn site.
    • I really hope they don't make this game toned down... it's like .... those parents who wanted to take their kids to see Deadpool... it was not intended for that audience and shouldn't be censored to meet that audience...
      This is also like the most gruesome game i've seen come out of Korea after Blade and Soul's suicide scenes.... so it's a nice change

but i could kinda see them censoring it to expand their audience...
    • The sex scene is going to be censured I'm sure, more so after reading Chris on the AMA.

I don't think that they change anything else, like pets or something.

In Spain at least is fine too see someone smashing someone's head with a rock until the brain goes out. A erotic scene on the other hand.. Omg too much for us, censor censor... xD
    • Well the 3rd Cult Outfits don't need to removed, they can just be changed to having a matching red patterned mask similar to the torso piece rather than a solid white one. That would avoid almost all reference to the KKK, but it'd still be censoring.

• I mean, this isn't exactly a game for kids or anything, so I don't really see the need to remove violent or sexual content. That "sex scene" up there doesn't even show anything that you couldn't easily see on HBO or something. Honestly, I was expecting a lot worse. Although I may now have to reconsider playing this game on my grandparents' PC...

Stuff like that KKK-looking costume however, yeah that's almost certainly not making it into any Western releases.
    • Let's not forget that NCSoft Blade & Soul changed an entire side-quest story line script completely because it was too sexist, despite Blade & Soul is rated M and full of incredibly skimpy outfits and sexual moments.
    • The game seems to be made for a mature audience for what I've seen (twitch streams and youtube vids mainly). I agree on the fact that sex scene could have been a ton worse than it was.
      Sexualization on the other hand is normally made around the female figure. Put boobs in a plant and you have a sexualized mob. Whilst we have two genres in our human race lol. It would surprise me if they put a hanging something in some kind of mob. That will be a big lol at minimum.

I hope they won't be censuring the game, and yes, I will be trying it when Aeria opens the western servers : )
    • Zazaaji wrote:

Well the 3rd Cult Outfits don't need to removed, they can just be changed to having a matching red patterned mask similar to the torso piece rather than a solid white one. That would avoid almost all reference to the KKK, but it'd still be censoring.
      Wait the Third? So do you get that in the 3rd part of that questline like later levels? Is there a way to keep that costume? I must have that costume, not racist at all, it is just to troll to not have.

EMBRACE THE KOOLAID!
    Peria Chronicles